Le Havre Port and excursions

ebs0303

We are looking at a British Isle cruise from Le Havre on Princess and wondering if it would be possible to take a Princess Normandy beach shore excursion on the day of disembarkation (final stop of cruise)? If so, does the ship keep our luggage (we travel light, would just be 2 carry on bags and 2 backpacks). If not, can those be brought on the bus? 

The Princess person I spoke to on the phone was not particularly helpful, so hoping to get some thoughts on here. Thx!

If you haven't already done so, a good place to ask your questions would be on the Princess board, where you have an audience of Princess cruisers.

That said, what shore excursions are showing for your cruise, and what information is given about them?  I've never sailed Princess, but most cruise lines have disembarkation day shorex that are suitable for passengers heading for an airport later in the day.   Their luggage is kept on the bus, and the shorex ends at the airport.   That doesn't seem likely in the case of Le Havre (re an airport), but if there is a disembarkation day tour, I would think there would be arrangements for your luggage, as the ship won't keep your stuff on board after you disembark.

When you say you spoke to someone at Princess, was it someone in their Shorex Dept?  Was it about a specific tour?  

Ill check the Princess forum, but was told that they have specific excursions for disembarkation and a D-day/Normandy tour is not one of them, but I assume there must be 3rd party excursions from Le Havre. 

So doing a websearch, Im not sure there are a ton of group tours to the Normandy beaches, most seem to be private tours typically costing $700 pp or more. Does anyone know of other sites for group tours?

21 minutes ago, ebs0303 said:

So doing a websearch, Im not sure there are a ton of group tours to the Normandy beaches, most seem to be private tours typically costing $700 pp or more. Does anyone know of other sites for group tours?

One that is frequently mentioned is Overlord tours. They offer tours from private car to seat on bus pricing.

Note, due to an oddity of Cruise Critic geography, the official location for France is inside the Mediterranean section. You may want to search there as well. 

Yes, thanks - Overlord was mentioned in a different forum and might be something that could work. I guess my only concern then would be making sure we got off the ship (completely disembarked but we do carry on luggage so could be faster) early enough to make their 815 time. 

40 minutes ago, ebs0303 said:

Yes, thanks - Overlord was mentioned in a different forum and might be something that could work. I guess my only concern then would be making sure we got off the ship (completely disembarked but we do carry on luggage so could be faster) early enough to make their 815 time. 

I've replied to you about this in your thread in the France forum.