MDR food through room service?

cruisejess58

17 hours ago, Dreamer115 said:

I think I want to come and play with your daughter.  What great ideas you have.

I've always got a bag of tricks in my purse (aka my Mary Poppins bag)!

The stuff I listed above is great for pre-schoolers. But I have many great travel games for older kids too that I swap around.

I always have a magnetic travel chess board (it's about the size of a checkbook) that DD and DH play/put away/resume. And she's always got a chapter book or two on her. Other things I rotate are card games, Find and Seek books, Eye Found It game, origami, puzzle books (word search, riddles, crossword, connect the dot, etc.), mini Rubix cube (the 2x2 one is easy to tote), travel board games, a variety of Melissa & Doug "On The Go" toys, etc. We don't do screens -- especially not at meals -- so I'm constantly honing my arsenal. I wish we saw more parents using tools like these to entertain and connect with their kids during travel and meals, so I love to share our ideas! 

4 minutes ago, Dani24 said:

I've always got a bag of tricks in my purse (aka my Mary Poppins bag)!

The stuff I listed above is great for pre-schoolers. But I have many great travel games for older kids too that I swap around.

I always have a magnetic travel chess board (it's about the size of a checkbook) that DD and DH play/put away/resume. And she's always got a chapter book or two on her. Other things I rotate are card games, Find and Seek books, Eye Found It game, origami, puzzle books (word search, riddles, crossword, connect the dot, etc.), mini Rubix cube (the 2x2 one is easy to tote), travel board games, a variety of Melissa & Doug "On The Go" toys, etc. We don't do screens -- especially not at meals -- so I'm constantly honing my arsenal. I wish we saw more parents using tools like these to entertain and connect with their kids during travel and meals, so I love to share our ideas! 

Love to hear that you don't do the 'screens' at meals.  I was like you when we had kids, now it's the grandkids that I take along they are teens and unfortunately into their screens of multiple types.  We were into singing on road trips and some of the games mentioned above.  Keep passing on great info for other parents out there.