Adventure OTS Itinerary Change, 5/5/19

Got an email last week informing me that Adventure OTS will be having a Coast Guard inspection on 5/5/19, so no one will be able to start the check in process until Noon, and please don't show up early it is a small terminal at Port Everglades.  So we will take the last shuttle from Days Inn which leaves at noon, a 20 minute ride to the port.

Yesterday got another email reminding me to not show up before noon.  And since the port will be congested, sailaway time has been moved from 5:30 to 9 PM.  As a result we will pull into Aruba at 9AM instead of 8 AM.  The good news is we will be spending 5 extra hours in Aruba, so the 5PM leaving time has been backed to 10PM.  And this will not change our 8 AM to 5PM stops in Curacao and Bonnaire. 

So it is not really bad news, 5 more hours on Aruba is good while not changing any other stops.  I would have liked to sail out of PC in the day time, but that is of little consequence.

My question is, what last minute events caused PC congestion and our departure delayed 3 and a half hours?  I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but my first thought is "Did Allure OTS have something to do with this?"  Does the congestion have anything to do with the Coast Guard inspection?  Inquiring minds want to know.

It's probably from the Fort Lauderdale Air and Sea Show (May 4-5).  Many boats sail in and out of Port Everglades to get a prime spot to view it, and will be causing congestion as they sail back when the show is over.  The main event is from 12:00 pm - 3:30 pm, and you may be able to see it from the ship after you board, it's a great show!

Harmony of the Seas will be leaving at 10 AM this morning to go to it’s new port. I think Allure is now in Miami but will be leaving there to come to Port Everglades. So that may have added to the time delay. 

8 hours ago, BPyser1 said:

It's probably from the Fort Lauderdale Air and Sea Show (May 4-5).  Many boats sail in and out of Port Everglades to get a prime spot to view it, and will be causing congestion as they sail back when the show is over.  The main event is from 12:00 pm - 3:30 pm, and you may be able to see it from the ship after you board, it's a great show!

Thanx, something to which to look forward. Can't wait,but I will.

2 hours ago, sandebeach said:

Harmony of the Seas will be leaving at 10 AM this morning to go to it’s new port. I think Allure is now in Miami but will be leaving there to come to Port Everglades. So that may have added to the time delay. 

Thanx for the info, maybe we will get to see the Allure.