"Adult" Beverage Package vs "Premimium" Beverage Package

jjl64

We are leaving on the Breakaway in a week and I was hoping someone could explain the difference between these 2 drink packages.  I can't find any reference to the "Adult" package on the NCL website, but it does say that the "Premium" package includes all drinks under $15.

Thanks!

The one that is always offered as "Free at Sea" and has been around for a time is the one with a $15 maximum on the price of each drink.  There is a new super premium package you can buy (or upgrade to).  If you already have the old one -- for which you paid about $20/day in gratuities -- the new, basically all-inclusive, package will run you an additional $35/day.  From the little bit I've read, you can only buy it once onboard.  l'll find out later this month!

The Premium Plus Beverage package will cost $34.80/day to upgrade to if you've already got the Premium Beverage package.  It has a $35 price cap on drinks, includes bottled water, specialty coffees, energy drinks, and select bottles of wine with dinner.  You can upgrade once you're on the ship.  
I upgraded last month on my 5 day with my husband (it was $348 total since we already had the free at sea package) and it was incredibly worth it for us.

3 minutes ago, katzz35 said:

The Premium Plus Beverage package will cost $34.80/day to upgrade to if you've already got the Premium Beverage package.  It has a $35 price cap on drinks, includes bottled water, specialty coffees, energy drinks, and select bottles of wine with dinner. 

I read this somewhere (about the $35 cap), but I also read the most expensive drink, by the glass, onboard was Veuve Clicquot champagne for $34.95/glass.  Can you confirm this?  My wife is dying to know!

4 minutes ago, mdsgu said:

I read this somewhere (about the $35 cap), but I also read the most expensive drink, by the glass, onboard was Veuve Clicquot champagne for $34.95/glass.  Can you confirm this?  My wife is dying to know!

I was told Veuve was included.  I believe Whistle Pig was also 34.95/glass.  We were actually told it was a $30 cap, but was later told it was in fact the $35 cap.

I'm an NCL fan, been on two recently that I enjoyed a LOT.  That said, just off MSC Seaside and NCL's drink prices are outrageous in comparison.  Not sure how much upward pressure NCL can continue to withstand and not have some backlash.  

6 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Not sure how much upward pressure NCL can continue to withstand and not have some backlash.  

FDR is searching for the breaking point!