Disembarking in italy

Rjh8842

I am going on a med cruise in italy this fall. Our cruise will have people disembarking on 2 different days. Sunday people are disembarking in venice and on monday i will disembark in bari italy. The time listed on msc is 11am. Also if for those that are staying on the ship the time listed in port is 11-5. My original plan was to disembark grab the train from bari to rome in the early afternoon and the have one last evening in rome before my flight home the next morning. Well i just found out that my choice for trains is either 1pm or 630pm. If I take the 630pm train then I will not arrive in rome until 1030 pm and that will give me only enough time to check into a hotel and get some sleep before my flight. If i take the 1pm train then I would have time to enjoy one last evening but I do not know if it is even remotely possible to make the train with so little time.  Another option is to fly it would end up takeing roughly the same amount of time as the train when adding all the time in the airport but they have more available times.  flying would also triple the cost. I am the type of person that is ussually one of the last people of the ship becuase I live near a port I can just drive home. But this is not the case here. I have no clue how long it would take to disembark and get out of the terminal and with it being one of two ports how does this effect timing. I thought about getting off a port early in venice to have a little more time there but someone told me that msc will charge you $100pp for leaving the ship early because they consider it lost revenue. Please let me know what your experience is disembarking with msc on a med cruise with multiple ports to disembark. Tia