Flight from MCO at 11:06 a.m. possible?

TACMS

Arriving at Port Canaveral on September 2 (Mariner)..... Would it be possible to make a flight that leaves Orlando at 11:06 am?  We would carry off our luggage.  Concerned that it is Labor Day too....

Edited by TACMS

do note that MCO and TSA have formally announced a recommendation to allow 2 hours for screening.

many folks already recommended this plan, but now it is 'official' .... due to incidents 🤔 they kicked security up a notch which slows things down.

so you want to be in the airport by 9am, and if not familiar the ride from the port to the airport is an hour in round numbers.  You want to be on the road by 8.  There is ONE road/route from port to MCO that gets you there in an hour .... if there is an accident on this road forgetaboutit!! An alternate route will add SIGNIFICANTLY to the time and that's IF your driver knows ahead of time ... you can get STUCK on the road with no way to get off!!!! Happens about once a month.

This is why some locals like VIC say I wouldn't do it. It's much too close for comfort.

I leave the house with the plan to be parked and IN the terminal with 2 hours ... and we have TSA PRE  ... you're on the cusp of my comfort zone.

Edited by Capt_BJ

A lot depends on the ship.  My wife and I got off the Carnival Breeze last Saturday.  We are platinum, so we had an early zone luggage pickup.  We were off the ship and sitting on Cortrans shuttle at 7:45 am.  We were dropped off at the airport about 8:45 and were sitting at our gate (Southwest) at 9:35, so it certainly can be done.  Again, a lot depends on the ship.

On 5/9/2019 at 8:27 PM, TACMS said:

Thank you all....playing it safe and paid extra....booked the 1:50 flight.

Since you're taking the later flight, you might consider Luggage Valet if Mariner offers it. It's the best $30/pp you'll spend on your cruise...

Edited by Johnamac123