October 2019 cruise from Venice to Greece Questions

roldew

My friend and I have , somewhat mistakenly, booked a round trip cruise from Venice to the Greek islands in late October.  Having not traveled with NCL before, we need some input, please.

We are confirmed in a suite, which I believe provides us certain privileges such as early embarkation/disembarkation and special dining venues.

IF we are afforded certain amenities, we are wondering if internet package, beverage packages (she is non-alcoholic and I am), $50 per shore excursion or specialty dining is the best value.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

I am not sure of the ship you're on but if you booked a Haven suite you will very much enjoy it.  As far as the amenities, it really depends upon you.  The internet on NCL is generally very slow in my opinion but if you intend to use it a lot, I would buy the unlimited package and not take the fee internet as it cannot be upgraded (at least on my last cruise I could not upgrade it) so it kind of is a waste of money.  As far as the other options, if you take the beverage package just understand that you need to pay the taxes on both packages even if your friend won't use it.  Depending upon how much you are going to drink, it still might be worth taking the drink package but you need to do the math and see if it is worth the expense.  Finally, the $50 per port credit is also useful but only if you intend to book excursions through NCL.  IF you are booking excursions through private companies outside of NCL then obviously this benefit would be wasted.  Not sure how much this helps but without knowing more it is tough to know which benefits to choose.

are you on the Star which is the same ship we are sailing from Venice round Greek Isles 20th October

If so you need to know the Star is an older ship which doesn't have a Haven complex which is usually described as a ship within a ship

I've never sailed in a suite but you will have use of Butler and concierge-the latter can help you with priority disembarkation which is useful in tender ports

on embarkation you will have priority embarkation which means you wait in a private room with refreshments and will be ffirst on the ship

no Haven restaurant   but you will be able to have breakfast and lunch in one of the speciality restaurants probably the steakhouse

Thank you for the feedback😊.  We are booked on the cruise just after yours (Oct 27 or so).  I look forward to hearing your feedback about your cruise experience.

13 hours ago, roldew said:

My friend and I have , somewhat mistakenly, booked a round trip cruise from Venice to the Greek islands in late October.  Having not traveled with NCL before, we need some input, please.

We are confirmed in a suite, which I believe provides us certain privileges such as early embarkation/disembarkation and special dining venues.

IF we are afforded certain amenities, we are wondering if internet package, beverage packages (she is non-alcoholic and I am), $50 per shore excursion or specialty dining is the best value.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

I hate the NCL drink packages.   They place an absurd value of $99 pp per day and hit you will 20% gratuity fee on that.  We are moderate drinkers and buy a viva vino package.   We mainly drink wine in the evening and the drink package makes little since if your wife is a non drinker.  

Compare private tours with your NCL excursions.  If saving on excursions then you might pick that one.

Not sure about why the internet option is no good, we don't use it much on a cruise, but if it is free, what is the problem.  Not sure what an upgrade involves.

NCL's specialty dining is one of its best features compared to other cruise lines.  We always take a dining package.