What would you do?

vtoria98

I am booked on the Glory Eastern route later this year. I have an opportunity to upgrade to either an 8E 7439 with the extended balcony or stay with the 8C 8447 (Verandah deck under the rear pool). I like the idea of the bigger balcony but will I be able to see anything when we are coming in to and leaving ports? Also what I really want is somewhere to lay in the sun, any idea which of these two would get more sun?

Any input?

Can't speak for which sie the sun will be on. We booked the lower decks because the outside rooms on the main and rivera deck are bigger becuase of no balcony.

We did the same the the Conquest last year and used the decks on board.

Would waste the moeny on the balcony.

The Glory does not have "extended" balconies, the Spirit class ships do. The extended balconies on the Spirit class ships are two feet longer. However, 7439 on the Glory is a double wide balcony. It is the last cabin on the rear starboard side (next to the starboard side aft corner cabin). I believe that this cabin may be set up for handicap cruisers (I am not sure however). At any rate, if you can upgrade from an inside cabin (8447 is an inside cabin - are you sure you are providing the right cabin number?) to a balcony cabin, I would do it. Given the layout of this balcony, I would think you have a better chance of getting sun on 7439 then on a normal sized balcony. And yes, you will be able to see about 180 degrees forward and aft. You will not however be able to see what is on the port side of the ship. Here is a link to the Empress deck plan. Cabin 7439 is on the starboard side just forward of the aft corner cabin ...

http://travel.travelocity.com/ecruise/ShipDetailsDeck.do?pagerIndex=&resultsIndex=&shipId=168&deckId=

And here is a link to the Verandah deck plan. Cabin 8447 is the third inside cabin from the end on the starboard side ...

http://travel.travelocity.com/ecruise/ShipDetailsDeck.do?shipId=168&deckId=1144

Cuizer

I was wrong, it was 8457, the balcony cabin. I have never had a balcony before and I looked at the photos of 7439 with the odd shaped room and the larger balcony but I am just not sure I will like being on the corner like that.

I was just wondering if anyone has stayed in that corner room on the Conquest class ships and if it was a better cabin.

Cuizer

I was wrong, it was 8457, the balcony cabin. I have never had a balcony before and I looked at the photos of 7439 with the odd shaped room and the larger balcony but I am just not sure I will like being on the corner like that.

I was just wondering if anyone has stayed in that corner room on the Conquest class ships and if it was a better cabin.

Yes, you will love the corner room. Get it before someone else does. It is a great balcony!! Go for it!

Archived