Chankanaab Park Cozumel Video

HOUSTONVIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5kvt4LZ1ZQ

Just off the Carnival Vista. Chankanaab Park Cozumel is great place to go. Carnival offers an excursion there, or you can go on your own. Snorkel, swim or just enjoy a cocktail on the beach. I wanted to shoot a video there the last 3 or 4 times I was there, but the weather didn't cooperate. This time it was perfect!

Edited by HOUSTONVIP
misspelled words
  • Like 4

We went there one time...not on purpose either. 

We'd arrived in Cozumel only to discover that because of wind conditions all the beach-based excursions (including ours...we were going to Passion Island) were canceled. Fine. We were told to find the Shore Ex members near the ship (we found them easily...right outside of one of the shops) and they would offer us either a refund or an exchange for a different excursion. We'd never been to Chankanaab so we thought, what the heck. 

Holy hotdogs, Batman. The ride over and back was fine..no problems there. But I guess because of all the cancelled excursions, they shuttled everybody (or a lot more than they'd planned on, for certain) to Chankanaab. The only beach that was open was a small, rocky beach that let onto a secluded cove area. You couldn't get to the water without having to walk (and slip and fall on your tuchus) across large rocks and the water was pretty shallow. 😞 The lines for the buffets were ridiculously long..I ended up standing in line for 45 minutes for mediocre food that wasn't even remotely Mexican except the chips and salsa. It was all burgers and hot dogs and fries and stuff like that. We'd been given wristbands for unlimited drinks...only to find out that they only worked at ONE bar in the entire resort and the line was (because everybody who'd had a cancelled excursion had one of those wristbands I guess) ridiculously long. 

Then there was the sea lion show...people were leaving in droves after about 5-10 min because it was boring as heck. My son wanted to stay so we stayed till the end and had our picture taken with the sea lion (we didn't not purchase..it wasn't something we'd planned on so we didn't have the $$$ for it).

I wouldn't send my worst enemy there. The staff we encountered were rude and it just wasn't any fun for us.

We are considering booking this for our next cruise.  However, I have read some mixed reviews concerning the "all inclusive" portion of the excursion.  Some have said that you can only order drinks when you order your lunch?  How was your experience with this?

I did not go with the Carnival excursion. We just taxied over to the park and paid to get in. Taxi for 6 was $24 each way. Entrance was $22?. Maybe a dollar more or less. They have a large parking lot of taxis waiting to take you back so no waiting at all. As for all inclusive, remember this isn't a resort. It's a park. Not crowded at all. No blaring music like most resorts.

A few years ago, DH and I grabbed a cab at the Port and went to Chankanaab Park on our own. Paid the entrance fee and found two loungers right away. Went swimming, ate lunch and had a few cocktails. It was great and very peaceful. Took a cab back to the Port.  Don't know why anyone would spend an outrageous price for a Carnival excursion to Chankanaab when it's so easy to do it on your own.