Deposit

Hello, all.  Apologies if this has been asked and answered before.  My friend and I paid a deposit, but it looks as if she now doesn’t have the funds to go.  Final payment is due next week, we get paid this week so I am hoping she can come up with the funds.  

If not, will we get our full deposit back?  I did not use a special rate to book — no early saver, pack and go, etc.

4 minutes ago, FTLCruiseGal said:

Hello, all.  Apologies if this has been asked and answered before.  My friend and I paid a deposit, but it looks as if she now doesn’t have the funds to go.  Final payment is due next week, we get paid this week so I am hoping she can come up with the funds.  

If not, will we get our full deposit back?  I did not use a special rate to book — no early saver, pack and go, etc.

Yes, since it is before FP and you stated you did not use a special rate code, i.e., Early Saver, Pack and Go or Super Saver, then you should most definitely receive your money back. So sorry your friend couldn't make the cruise!

Below you'll see the charts with the final payment and cancellation schedules. As you can see a full refund cancellation  needs to be done at least 24 hours prior to the final payment date. BUT if you did not use a PVP or a TA I would do any cancellations at least 3 days prior to allow time for the paperwork to go through and follow-up the next day. Refunds can take 3-6 weeks to process.

Another option is, since you did not book any special restriction rate, that you substitute a different person for the friend that can not go. It may seem like a long shot to be able to have someone come up with the funds on short notice, but if you can afford it make the final payment yourself you can make private arrangements with another party to pay you back prior to departure.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Deposit and Final Payment Requirements

Cruise Duration

Deposit Required

Deposit Required
Single Occupancy

Final Payment
Required

2 - 3 days

$100 USD per person

$200 USD

60 days prior to sailing

4 - 5 days

$150 USD per person

$300 USD

60 days prior to sailing

6 - 8 days

$250 USD per person

$500 USD

75 days prior to sailing

9 days and longer

$400 USD per person

$800 USD

90 days prior to sailing

Alaska, Europe, Panama Canal, 
Transatlantic, Transpacific

$400 USD per person

$800 USD

90 days prior to sailing

Non-Refundable Deposit at time of booking: Early Saver and Super Saver
Non-Refundable Total Fare at time of booking: Pack & Go
Total Fare is defined as cruise fare, air supplement, optional transfers and pre/post cruise vacation package.
Single Occupancy: Reservation will require 200% of the per person deposit. The total deposit amount will never exceed the cruise fare.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

6. CANCELLATION BY GUEST, REFUNDS

Reservations will be held until 30 minutes prior to departure. No refunds will be made in the event of “no shows”, unused tickets, lost tickets, interruptions, partially used tickets, cancellations received late or after the start of the cruise, or for Pack & Go program purchases. Carnival strongly recommends the purchase of trip cancellation insurance from your travel agent. Cancellation charges for individual bookings will be assessed as listed below. For cancellation charges related to group bookings, partial ship charters or full ship charters refer to your charter contract or group booking agreement for terms and conditions.

Days Prior to 
Departure Date

Cancellation Charge (Per Guest) 

2,3,4 & 5 day cruises (excluding all Alaska, Europe, Transatlantic, and Panama Canal cruises; and all cruises purchased under the Pack & Go fare):

Up to 61 days

None (except Pack & Go, Early Saver* and Super Saver fares**) 

60 to 46 days

Deposit

45 to 30 days

Deposit or 50% of Total Fare, whichever is greater 

29 to 15 days

Deposit or 75% of Total Fare, whichever is greater 

14 days or less

100% of Total Fare

6-8 day cruises (excluding all Alaska, Europe, Transatlantic, and Panama Canal cruises; and all cruises purchased under the Pack & Go fare):

Up to 76 days

75 to 56 days

Deposit

55 to 30 days

29 to 15 days

14 days or less

100% of Total Fare

9 day or longer cruises, as well as all Alaska, Europe, Transatlantic, and Panama Canal cruises):

Up to 91 days

90 to 56 days

Deposit

55 to 30 days

29 to 15 days

14 days or less

100% of Total Fare

All cruises purchased under the Pack & Go fare

Any time after booking

100% of Total Fare

Total Fare is defined as Cruise Fare, Transfer Services, Pre/Post Cruise Vacation Packages and Air Supplements (excluding Restricted Air which is non-refundable any time after booking).                         

*Early Saver: The deposit is non-refundable. All cancellations that occur prior to final payment due date will receive a non-refundable and non-transferable future cruise credit, redeemable for US dollars bookings, in the amount of the deposit less a $50 pp service fee. The future cruise credit must be used on a sailing within 24 months from the date of cancellation and can only be applied to your cruise fare. Any unused portion will be forfeited.

**Super Saver: The deposit is non-refundable.