Pool question for those who have been to Coco Cay since opening - music/umbrellas

I've heard the music is a little loud and party environment, which I like, but I dislike being near a loud speaker. Are there speakers set up all around the pool or just certain section of the pool?

RCCL mentions 3 distinct areas of the pool so I thought only one might be where the music is playing out of speakers.  

Left of the bridge is the pool water lounger area, to the right a large area with swim up bar, and bottom right the Oasis lagoon which I think of as good for families b/c of shallow entry and proximity to bathrooms, food and Splashaway Bay.

Do the umbrellas provide much shade?  They look a little small.  Any difference between the lighter blue umbrellas and the darker blue?  Is it a mix of tables and chairs with umbrellas along with loungers and umbrellas?  

image.png.4c3dcf9724354c557dcf44714603b3d6.png

I spent most of last Thursday at the pool (off the Mariner). Great day. I got off the ship at about 8:15 with the 1st wave- VERY important. Had the pool pretty much to myself for 2 1/2 hours. Then people started pouring in from the ship. By 11:15 every chair was taken. People were roaming all over looking for loungers. By 11:30 there were a few single loungers left here and there. People started piling their stuff on the pavement while they went in the pool. I saw groups of 8 using 1 lounger as a 'base'. I sat on the left side of the bridge near the 'water loungers'. I am also sensitive to music (just noise to me) so I always carry foam earplugs. Toned down the music so I could read.

There were lots of drink waiters in bright pink shirts taking orders. Swam over to the swim-up bar area. Very busy by 11am- 3 deep, louder.

Lots of umbrellas, free. Every 2 loungers had an umbrella in between. Some had small tables in between, too. The umbrellas are in a weighted base so they can be re-positioned for shade, as needed. We did not see any table/chair combos- I would have preferred that.

About noon I walked over to the Snack Shack just behind the pool. Chicken sandwiches (more like a big flat chicken nugget), burgers, fried mozzarella sticks, french fries, funnel cake- all from a walk-up window. I much prefer this to the Island 'BBQ' stations at other 'private islands'. I've been told the larger Chill Grill has tacos and grilled chicken, too. Even a portobello mushroom sandwich. On my list for next time.

Took a quick look at the beach over there. I saw some empty chairs here and there. Clear water, no waves at all.

We were on the island the same day as you. Except for a walk on the beach and the balloon ride we were at the pool. Tons of available loungers all day and no loud music except by the swim up bar. Chill Grill food was great and not crowded! Had lunch about 2 o`clock.

I was there last month on the Anthem. Tons of chairs available all day, but not 'front row'. Lots of shade umbrellas. Music was only around the main pool. It was freezing cold though, hopefully it's warmed up nicely. I believe we were the 2nd ship to ever visit Coco Cay right after they filled the pool so I suspect that has something to do with it being so cold. 

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I was there last month on the Anthem. Tons of chairs available all day, but not 'front row'. Lots of shade umbrellas. Music was only around the main pool. It was freezing cold though, hopefully it's warmed up nicely. I believe we were the 2nd ship to ever visit Coco Cay right after they filled the pool so I suspect that has something to do with it being so cold. 

I saw a video showing it took days to fill the pool.  Maybe they have a quicker system now as I assume you are done for the day if there is an "accident" in the pool, but the ship arriving the next day will have a filled pool.

I don't want to be gross but isn't there a way to contain the issue by adding some chemicals and shutting off the circulation system? Lifeguards grab some pool skimming nets?  If I was in the far end of the pool away from swim up bar and someone upchucked and some nets and chemicals came out............ I'd probably still swim but keep head from going under water.  I bet I'm less likely to get sick than eatting at the buffet and using public restrooms.

They may have to section off the pool somehow if this hazzard becomes a regular event.  I'm telling friends going soon to use the pool early b/c if something bad happens, it will be a beachy afternoon.