Belfast-taxi's to Titanic Belfast

We will be in Belfast for the day on a Princess cruise.  The cruise line has shuttle buses into town (that drop at Donegall Square).  We want to walk around the town a bit on our own but also go to the Titanic Museum.   I know the Hop On/Hop off bus is an option but sometime you are limited to their schedule. Are taxi's readily available around town to get to the Titanic Museum? how about outside of the museum to get back to the ship or to town?  I know there are the "Black taxi tours" to see the murals, etc, but my husband is not sure if he wants to do that. 

Not quite the answer you were looking for but we did it a few years back. Took the shuttle to town and then jumped on a local bus.

Information off of the titanic website:-

By Bus or Glider 
Translink operate Metro Services 26, 26A, 26B, 26C from Belfast City Centre - departing outside the Belfast Welcome Centre to Titanic Belfast. While the Airport Express 600, 600A, 600B services Belfast City Centre, Titanic Belfast and George Best Belfast City Airport. View timetables here for latest information.

Translink also operate the Belfast Glider which connects
 East and West Belfast and Titanic Quarter with the city centre. There is a Titanic halt outside Titanic Belfast. View timetable information here.

We have done the Black taxi tour and the Titanic experience in a one day trip from Dublin and would pick the Black taxi tour every time. Even our hard to please son preferred the taxi tour over the Titanic experience but it all depends what interests you.  

We spent 3 days in Belfast last autumn. We walked from the centre to the Titanic Experience and took the bus back. We spent about 3 hours in the museum.

we also did the HOHO bus which was one of the better ones we have done. It was a live commentary by an official Blue Badge guide.

There are plenty of taxis in Belfast. The biggest taxi company is ValueCabs and they have an App that you can book a taxi with. Uber is not widely available. As Titanic Belfast is so popular there are always taxis in the area dropping off and picking up. If the weather is fine you can easily walk from the city centre. 

I wouldn't recommend walking from Titanic back to your ship, even though you will be able to see the cruise ship, as it's a working commercial dock with a lot of lorry, trucks moving around the docks. I wouldn't recommend the HoHo bus as it's route goes throughout the city so you'd be wasting your money if you want to stay in the city centre and visit Titanic.

• 3 weeks later...

After some more research, I have the answer to my own question. I thought I'd post here in case if others were following. Thanks to those who posted and the info below is really only some additional info to the posts.  Appreciate all the answers! 

-taxis are available in Belfast but you don't wave one down on the street like in other places-there is a taxi line across the street from the City Hall (info obtained from someone who used to live in Belfast)

-taxis are also usually available outside of the Titanic Belfast museum (as someone posted) or if not, there is a phone there with a direct line to the taxi company that you can use (free) to call a taxi (info obtained from  Titanic Belfast museum! ).

Edited by TW6cruiser