Hotel near Rome airport

We did not stay near the airport but in Rome itself several times.

However, I could suggest, if you haven't looked already, you search on the Europe forum as there are lots of discussions on hotels for Rome. Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=19

Good luck

Julia

P.S. Love Rome. We could go back a hundred times and never be bored.:D

I believe that there is a Hilton that is directly connected to the airport's terminals.

Are you aware that Rome's airport is quite some distance from the city itself? Staying at a hotel at the airport would not allow for "easy" sightseeing or dining.

I'm not sure when you'll be there, but if it will be relatively warm (and I assume it will be), would you consider a hotel in Ostia? It is the beach area for Rome and not far from the airport. It is a little more atmospheric than what you'd likely get if you stayed at an airport hotel.

You can enjoy another perspective of the vicinity, and not have to deal with making your way out of the city center to get to the airport, particularly as most flights leave fairly early in the day.

We stayed at a nice place about 18 months ago on our last night, but for the life of me I can't recall the name. I'll give it some thought. Hotels fronting on the street that is beach front (as far as I know, all are across the street from the beach) feel more resort-like. Those several blocks in feel like city hotels (Ostia is basically a suburb of Rome, it's just got the advantage of also having waterfront.) I, too, would second the previous poster's recommendations of the web-sites, including but not limited to, tripadvisor.

HTH, and enjoy Italia!

Just wanted to add, if you're looking for a 4 or 5 star hotel, Ostia is probably not going to meet your needs. As I recall, there was not much in the way of upscale elegance...

We were traveling with small children, so we weren't looking for truly fine dining or the like. We tend to head for the places the locals congregate at.

Giving it some thought, you might be looking for something very different than we were...Sorry, if I sent you down a dead end....

Archived