Silhouette Revolution

colliercruiser

The following statement was included in a Celebrity letter to those impacted by the recent cancellation of Silhouette's Jan 31, 2020 cruise.

We have some important information to provide regarding your client’s upcoming Caribbean Vacation aboard Celebrity Silhouette.  As you may know, we’re revolutionizing our entire fleet with a $500 million makeover and a team of more than 500 of the world’s best architects, designers, and engineers. We’re using new technology and design concepts that will change the way you experience the world on a Celebrity vacation.

The Celebrity Silhouette is scheduled to begin her Revolution in early next year; however, due to the collapse of a side-wall within the Grand Bahama shipyard dry dock structure it has become necessary for us to relocate the Silhouette to a shipyard in Cadiz, Spain for her Revolution.

The change in shipyard venue has made it necessary to extend our Revolution schedule an extra week and therefore cancel the 14-night Southern Caribbean sailing departing January 31, 2020.

Has anyone heard whether this move to the Cadiz dry dock will impact what upgrades are included in Silhouette's "Revolution"?  Equinox's ongoing upgrades eliminated some items, such as new suites, etc, due to its last-minute shift this month from Grand Bahama to Cadiz, but I am wondering if the extra dry dock time & advance planning for Silhouette will allow for all upgrades or some still eliminated.

It will be quite some time before anyone knows for sure. There isn't another refurb of an S class ship until Silhouette is scheduled nearly 7 months from now. Presumably, the two week Jan 31 cruise that was canceled would free up sufficient time to get the ship to and from Spain. Celebrity likely won't release any details at all and anything else is pure speculation. 

I noticed last week that the Reflection and Signature suites that had appeared a few months ago on the itinerary for our July 2020 Baltic cruise have now disappeared following Equinox's relocation to Cadiz. I wonder whether there is a rethink following the Bahamas debacle. Equinox has lost them, perhaps they have now been removed from the revolution on logistics grounds? 

Edited by groryjm

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

It will be quite some time before anyone knows for sure. There isn't another refurb of an S class ship until Silhouette is scheduled nearly 7 months from now. Presumably, the two week Jan 31 cruise that was canceled would free up sufficient time to get the ship to and from Spain. Celebrity likely won't release any details at all and anything else is pure speculation. 

I sure hope they rethink the outdoor furniture on the balconies.  The smaller ship Summit got some stark looking uncomfortable chairs for outside.  I purposely booked a sky suite so I can enjoy the aft balcony and I would hate to think the chairs are not really suitable for enjoying the balcony... of course we have no idea but I would be happy with what was there instead of wrecking the purpose of wanting a balcony in the first place.  Anyone have any information to alleviate my fears!  TIA