Slipped in hot tub area!

travelingfool

That is exactly what everyone wanted to know. She claims that she was on the toilet and the boat rocked and she slipped off the toilet and onto the sharp end of the toilet brush ( which by the way - were kept under the bathroom cabinet ). What we all came to the conclusion was that she was more than alittle "fond" of the handle of the brush - if you know what I mean.

My husband is a divorce attorney....I think your practice sounds more entertaining!!:p

I slipped on black ice on a manhattan street last year and broke my foot and needed surgery.

I didnt sue anyone. I slipped.

You were walking on a slippery, wet area. Your attention was probably focused on your son holding your hand. Take responsibility for your fall. It doesn't sound like Carnival was negligent. Be grateful all you needed was stitches.

Maybe traction tape is a good idea, but perhaps there is a reason they dont use it... I cant answer that. I do agree that I too have seen people slip in the pool areas... It is slippery.(hence the word)

<just my opinion - you asked>

He never said he was going to sue anyone. As the matter of fact he said that he was NOT out to sue anyone. Why do you feel the need to be so negative to someone who was just trying to improve an area that needs improvement. If this area could be made less slippery then it would improve the situation for all of us. Never once did I see Carnival blamed for this fall. He said he slipped just as you stated in your post. Don't be so negative.

Edited. Decided to delete. Too tired to write straight tonight. :)

My family and I were on the Liberty sailing 1/15/06. We have cruised before and have always taken precautions when walking around the pool and hot tub areas. After getting my son out of the hot tub we started walking down the stairs, him holding the rail on the left side and me on the right. Next thing I know I am on my back bleeding from my elbow and my 6 year old over me asking me if I was ok. Embarrassed, I picked my self up and with my son in tow walked back to the room. The wife made me go to the infirmary to get checked out. 2 stiches and $100.00 later I am back in my room. Should I write Carnival about this hazard and hope they will fix it or should I just let it die? I am not out to sue anyone, but I saw several people slip in the same area I did and they have nothing on the tile to give you traction. I am sure this happens quite often. Am I wasting my time? I did have cruise insurance. First time I had purchased it. Just a side note we still had a great time on the cruise, bad weather and all. Ryan.

I think the passenger was extremely lucky that his child wasn't seriously hurt. Every time I see children in the hot tub, it scares me

I would let the cruiseline know what happend to you at the least, but i am still wondering what a child was doing in the hot tub in the first place when there are signed posted everywhere, It can be very bad for their health.

• 2 years later...
My family and I were on the Liberty sailing 1/15/06. We have cruised before and have always taken precautions when walking around the pool and hot tub areas. After getting my son out of the hot tub we started walking down the stairs, him holding the rail on the left side and me on the right. Next thing I know I am on my back bleeding from my elbow and my 6 year old over me asking me if I was ok. Embarrassed, I picked my self up and with my son in tow walked back to the room. The wife made me go to the infirmary to get checked out. 2 stiches and $100.00 later I am back in my room. Should I write Carnival about this hazard and hope they will fix it or should I just let it die? I am not out to sue anyone, but I saw several people slip in the same area I did and they have nothing on the tile to give you traction. I am sure this happens quite often. Am I wasting my time? I did have cruise insurance. First time I had purchased it. Just a side note we still had a great time on the cruise, bad weather and all. Ryan.

I'm sorry you took a fall, but I know Carnival is aware of the problem. They post signs and try to keep stairs dry, but there is no way to keep up with it. I'm sure a letter would be appreciated especially if you have any helpful suggestions. Good luck and happy cruising.

There are slippery surfaces and then there are slippery surfaces. If there has been no attempt to put a non-slip surface by the pool, then this is a hazard. It would surprise me if there wasn't some kind of non-slip surface but I didn't spend any time by the pool. Yes, water makes things slippery, but there are things that can be done to make it less dangerous. Wood is not as slippery, certain kinds of tiles are not as slippery. If it is so bad that people keep writing out of concern, there must be things that can be done. And comparing it to a wet road is ludicrous unless you typically expect a lot of people to be walking around barefooted on that wet road. Many of our friends have pools and ALL of them have non-slip surfaces. Is it possible to slip? Sure. Is it likely? No. The issue of suing is an entirely different one.

TILE????? around a pool???? common sense says that tile is slippery when wet!!

common sense would also say that its not a smart thing to put tile around a POOL with no non slip saftey precautions)

I would be PISSED. if my elderly grandmother or grandfather were walking around there and slipped.

Thats no one's fault except Carnival!

WRITE THEM!

I personally would write them a letter and mention that you saw quite a few people slip around the same area. Just an informative, constructive letter. Hopefully something would be done to help avoid a more serious injury. Also include what you enjoyed about the cruise, or didnt enjoy.

You have to take them to court. Because when they are going to loose some money then they change their ways. Suing for money is the only way to get satisfaction from a company. Once an injury is incured it cannot be taken away. If proven in court.The injured person still has to prove they were injured.The money does not just flow when you file a lawsuite.

So if you really are a fire officer? If my house catches on fire and you don't get there in time to save it I shouls sue you, thats the only way to make sure you get to the next one in time?

So if you really are a fire officer? If my house catches on fire and you don't get there in time to save it I shouls sue you, thats the only way to make sure you get to the next one in time?

Yes you should.. the FD have time allotments to respond within.. it happens

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/Dominion_residents_decry_response_time_after_home_burns.html

That is exactly what everyone wanted to know. She claims that she was on the toilet and the boat rocked and she slipped off the toilet and onto the sharp end of the toilet brush ( which by the way - were kept under the bathroom cabinet ). What we all came to the conclusion was that she was more than alittle "fond" of the handle of the brush - if you know what I mean.

So what did she sue for custody of the toilet brush???:D

Archived