Unlimited dining sale today

Prices changed on my 6/19/20 and 6/26/20 (B2B)Alaska sailing on the Radiance...I had originally booked the UDP for $168 pp; today it is down to $154 pp. Hey - every little bit helps! 🙂

Edited by KansCocoa

35 minutes ago, er345 said:

Ours also went on sale today for $175.  I’m torn.  I already have the 4 night package for 4 of us, purchased at $100 each.  We are on a 7 night Alaskan cruise on Ovation.  There are 4 specialty restaurants so I planned to try and get reservations for each one.  I also booked the Solarium for one night.  If I am lucky I will get a CK reservation for one night with our Junior Suite.  (If we get that DH and I will enjoy a nice evening there and the key ds are on there own.)

So I can’t seem to justify upgrading for possible lunches on 3 days and only one extra dinner.  Is there something I’m not thinking about that would make me want to upgrade? I don’t think Ovation has a Playmakers and I know it can’t be used in Vintages.  

I'm in the same boat.  We booked the 3 night package for Anthem but and unless the dining package drops drastically like it did last year on Black Friday we will stick with the 3 nights because of the limited number of specialty restaurants.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Nope, at the present time gratuities are not added to dining purchases made pre-cruise.

I just looked at the T and C again and what I saw was a "service charge" and I took that as being gratuities. My mistake.

3 hours ago, rattla said:

I think you’re making the right decision. Not sure I could do all the Dinners and the Lunches as well, would be a bit overwhelming.  I think it’s better to stick with what you’ve done and I’d imagine it would feel more special for those meals?

Thanks for the input.  I agree, I think it will be overwhelming to try and squeeze in enough specialty dining to justify the unlimited package.  I saw the price drop and had a momentary FOMO. 

Also I meant to say the kids will be on their own if we get into CK.  Somehow it turned into key when I was typing and we definitely don’t have the key.

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I'm in the same boat.  We booked the 3 night package for Anthem but and unless the dining package drops drastically like it did last year on Black Friday we will stick with the 3 nights because of the limited number of specialty restaurants.

On my planner, 3 night has never gone below $89, so $175 for me is a good deal.

I wanted to get in on the BOGO, and who could have imagined they would change that to Chops +1. The BOGO at $50 is decent, but Chops +1 for $75. No thanks.

1 minute ago, JoeFan said:

On my planner, 3 night has never gone below $89, so $175 for me is a good deal.

I wanted to get in on the BOGO, and who could have imagined they would change that to Chops +1. The BOGO at $50 is decent, but Chops +1 for $75. No thanks.

I love the unlimited package on Oasis class ships as there are so many options that we may only repeat a restaurant once. On Quantum class we would be repeating multiple restaurants. 

4 minutes ago, JoeFan said:

RCI specialty is all new to us. I am very excited. 

But we love the lobster tails. What are the options for lobster on the UDP?

Hooked on Symphony and there is a lobster dish at 150 CP I believe.

On the second formal night we usually dine at Chops and I request a couple of the lobster tails that they are serving in the dining room to add to my filet.  

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Hooked on Symphony and there is a lobster dish at 150 CP I believe.

On the second formal night we usually dine at Chops and I request a couple of the lobster tails that they are serving in the dining room to add to my filet.  

Thanks,

I was wondering if you could order the MDR lobster tail at Chops. That is great news.

Thanks for the heads up JoeFan.  I checked and it was down a bit on my November Liberty cruise (from $168 for 7 days to $154... hey I saved $14 on each of us and that's the cost of a decent glass of wine).  Not discounted on the Enchantment when I checked but since they only have Chops, I wasn't going to get it anyway.

I contacted my cruise mates for November and the 4 of them saved $56. For about 3 minutes of online "work". 

• Like 1