A GLORY-ous Trip! May 19-26 review w/ pictures!

h_blond2

Thanks for your great review. I really enjoyed reading it and seeing your pictures. We were on the Glory last year, (it wasn't my favorite ship, but we had a great time though). We are going to take a cruise next year out of NO and plan on driving down there. 

P.S. We are in the Kansas City area 🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, watermelonqueen99 said:

Really enjoyed your review! Your Cozumel pics are beautiful. We're doing the bar hop this fall, so we get to see the east side of the island and I'm so excited! I see from your FunTimes that your piano bar entertainer was Zack Daniels. If you didn't get a chance to see him this cruise (my tired brain can't recall from your review at the moment), don't miss him if you sail with him again! He is SO MUCH FUN!

Thank you! I'm sure you will love the east side!

33 minutes ago, mama_2_boys said:

Our plan was to take our kids to DCB when we are in Montego Bay but after reading your review and a few others I'm not sure I'm comfortable taking a taxi with them. What are your thoughts? Any tips?

Maybe get on one of the buses that makes the different stops instead of a taxi? Power in numbers sort of thing. You could also see if Carnival offers excursions that take you to Doctor's Cave Beach.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DebOinKC said:

Thanks for your great review. I really enjoyed reading it and seeing your pictures. We were on the Glory last year, (it wasn't my favorite ship, but we had a great time though). We are going to take a cruise next year out of NO and plan on driving down there. 

P.S. We are in the Kansas City area 🙂 

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it! KC to NOLA is probably a long haul (it's an 8 hour drive for us)...you can definitely find things to do between the two places!

Edited by h_blond2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mama_2_boys said:

Our plan was to take our kids to DCB when we are in Montego Bay but after reading your review and a few others I'm not sure I'm comfortable taking a taxi with them. What are your thoughts? Any tips?

There are several ports that I feel comfortable just grabbing a taxi. Jamaica is NOT one if them. There are some regulated taxis but not all are. I love Jamaica but have always booked tours through independent companies after researching on the ports section of CC and other websites. Have not been to DCB but I would not hesitate going with a reputable guide. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lennythenose said:

There are several ports that I feel comfortable just grabbing a taxi. Jamaica is NOT one if them. There are some regulated taxis but not all are. I love Jamaica but have always booked tours through independent companies after researching on the ports section of CC and other websites. Have not been to DCB but I would not hesitate going with a reputable guide. 

I had thought about doing it this way but sorting through which companies in MB are reputable hasn't been nearly as easy as I'd hoped. There are a few companies you can hire just for car service to and from the beach so I need to research those more. Thanks!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, h_blond2 said:

Maybe get on one of the buses that makes the different stops instead of a taxi? Power in numbers sort of thing. You could also see if Carnival offers excursions that take you to Doctor's Cave Beach.

Normally I prefer non Carnival excursions for the cheaper price but here I wish that was an option. I'm hoping they might have more excursion options on the ship that aren't listed online. Assuming I don't find a reputable tour company I can book on my own first. Thanks for your help!

4 hours ago, OfficerAggie said:

We sail on the Glory Sunday June 16th. I was looking at the Fun Times photos you posted and didn't see two elegant nights. Can you advise if there were one or two? Thanks!

There were two. The first sea day and then one of the port days. I think it was the day we were in Grand Cayman.

I’m on the June 16th Cruise, evidently with OfficerAggie, as well. How was the ship itself? Did you have any trouble with the temperature? I’ve heard more complaints than normal about hot cabins on the glory. But I’ve also heard many complaints about it in the past on ships I’ve been on where we’ve always been perfectly comfortable. 

Enjoyed the review! Montego Bay is the only port I’ve ever been to where I haven’t been able to decide what to do when we get off the ship. I’ve about decided we’re just going to stay on the ship this time. Don’t really want to since, like you, Cozumel is about as exotic as the neighborhood grocery store at this point. I just can’t decide. 

Anyway, I’m rambling. 

16 minutes ago, Waterloomarc said:

I’m on the June 16th Cruise, evidently with OfficerAggie, as well. How was the ship itself? Did you have any trouble with the temperature? I’ve heard more complaints than normal about hot cabins on the glory. But I’ve also heard many complaints about it in the past on ships I’ve been on where we’ve always been perfectly comfortable. 

Enjoyed the review! Montego Bay is the only port I’ve ever been to where I haven’t been able to decide what to do when we get off the ship. I’ve about decided we’re just going to stay on the ship this time. Don’t really want to since, like you, Cozumel is about as exotic as the neighborhood grocery store at this point. I just can’t decide. 

Anyway, I’m rambling. 

We just got off the Glory today.  It was very warm in my cabin in the afternoon through the night.  We were in a balcony room on the 7th floor.  Other common area on the boat was kind of chilly.  

2 hours ago, Waterloomarc said:

Anyway, I’m rambling. 

We found our room to be a little warm at times, but that was mostly when we had been in port all day. After the ship started to move, the room cooled down. 

I will always get off the ship no matter where I am. However,  if I ever go back to Jamaica, it might be one of the very few places that I would book an excursion through Carnival. My safety comes first. Mom and I both think that if my dad or boyfriend had been with us, we wouldn't have had the problems that we did.

On 6/16/2019 at 4:19 PM, SandiLynn said:

Thank for your review. Were there any USB ports in your cabin?

You're welcome! There weren't any USB ports. I highly recommend bringing an extension cord or a power strip with you.

37 minutes ago, cruisecrazypat said:

Not cruising again until October 2020 but so happy to see nice things about Glory.  We are doing the Eastern Caribbean cruise.

I really enjoyed the Glory and I'm sure you will, too!