Eurodam Alaska "When & Where" Dailies: May 18 - May 25, 2019

Jasperdo

My wife and I just returned from an Alaska cruise on the Eurodam. I've scanned the daily "When & Where" activity guides for that cruise. I hope that some people who will be sailing on the Eurodam this summer will find it useful. Here's the link:

Eurodam "When & Where" Dailies - Alaska Cruise

Edited by Jasperdo
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Thank you for the information. I’m on her next week.

Just curious if you were told before sailing about the Orange Party ?

This was my first cruise on HAL, and I knew nothing about the Orange Party until I saw it listed in the When & Where. I didn't go to it, but I did see them placing orange balloons all around the BB King Blues Club as we walked by. Enjoy your cruise. We had a great time on the Eurodam.

5 hours ago, Jasperdo said:

My wife and I just returned from an Alaska cruise on the Eurodam.

Thank you for sharing! Did you experience any mechanical problems? OR feel stronger than usual shaking? 

Someone on a Eurodam cruise before you mentioned these issues in their Alaska Eurodam review a few days ago.  Thank you!

13 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Thank you for the When and Where daily guides.  Even though I am on the Oosterdam, we share the similar itenerarys so it is very helpful planning ahead.

You're welcome. I'm glad you found them useful. Enjoy your cruise on the Oosterdam.

11 hours ago, SunNFunCruzer said:

Thank you for sharing! Did you experience any mechanical problems? OR feel stronger than usual shaking? 

Someone on a Eurodam cruise before you mentioned these issues in their Alaska Eurodam review a few days ago.  Thank you!

There were no mechanical problems on our cruise. We arrived at every port on time, with no issues at all. I did feel a bit of a vibration when standing all the way aft by the Sea View Pool when the ship was sailing at full speed. But I didn't feel it was anything particularly unusual. Our cabin, 4170, was almost at the rear of the ship, and I never felt any strong vibration there. Hope this helps.

@Jasperdo Thank you SO MUCH for posting these!! We are going on this cruise in a few days (our first cruise ever!) and seeing all this info is super exciting for someone like me who likes to know what to expect ahead of time. Thank you!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MikeNTeriAZ said:

HI there,

Just wondering...did you guys play bingo? And if so how much was it and was it the old fashioned cards or all electronic? Thank you in advance. Love the scans you did!

Teri

Sorry, we didn't play bingo, so I can't help you much. I did walk by Billboard Onboard once while bingo was in session. The numbers board was shown on all the TV screens scattered around the lounge. But as for prices and cards vs electronic I can't help you there. 

19 hours ago, autumnsunshyn02 said:

Thank you for these!! I was searching for a while hoping for some recent dailies.  

Ashlee

17 hours ago, MikeNTeriAZ said:

Thank you! Thank you! Am on her on the 8th and I very much appreciate your efforts. 🙂

5 hours ago, ricko999 said:

Thanks! 23 days to go!

You're quite welcome. I always search out recent dailies for the cruises I go on, and I like helping out others who are looking for the same. Hope you all have a great cruise. We had a wonderful time on the Eurodam.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amysea said:

@Jasperdo Thank you SO MUCH for posting these!! We are going on this cruise in a few days (our first cruise ever!) and seeing all this info is super exciting for someone like me who likes to know what to expect ahead of time. Thank you!!

First cruise, how exciting! I've been on 18 now, and each one still feels special. I highly recommend you go see "Humanity", which is a production show in the main showroom. It's held on the second day of your cruise and is very good. We also really enjoyed Billboard Onboard. We don't normally like piano bars, but this was different. We listened to them almost every night. The BB King Blues Club was very good as well. Have a great cruise!

1 hour ago, Jasperdo said:

Sorry, we didn't play bingo, so I can't help you much. I did walk by Billboard Onboard once while bingo was in session. The numbers board was shown on all the TV screens scattered around the lounge. But as for prices and cards vs electronic I can't help you there. 

No worries. I appreciate your help. There's so many other things to see and do. :)

Hi there..thought of another question...Do the cabins now have the flat screen tvs and no more dvd players?  Movies on the tv now instead of having to rent them.

Also, did you happen to use the Relaxation room/saunas/hydrotherapy pool?

Thanks again so much.

Teri

18 hours ago, MikeNTeriAZ said:

Hi there..thought of another question...Do the cabins now have the flat screen tvs and no more dvd players?  Movies on the tv now instead of having to rent them.

Also, did you happen to use the Relaxation room/saunas/hydrotherapy pool?

Thanks again so much.

Teri

We had a 32 inch TV in our inside cabin. There was no DVD player. We didn't watch any movies, but I did browse through the On Demand catalog and it was quite extensive. Sorry, we didn't use the sauna facilities.

Holland America Eurodam - Alaska Cruise

Edited by Jasperdo

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Lynnspkrs said:

We're on the Eurodam in early Sept but I dont see Music Trivia listed on the 'daily schedule. Anyone know if they still do that? Was so popular on my last HAL cruise.

I don't recall a Music Trivia on our sailing. We only went to one trivia on this cruise. It was just general trivia and was held at Billboard Onboard. It seemed to me that there were very few trivia sessions held. That may be because this cruise was port and scenery intensive.

Edited by Jasperdo

• 1 month later...

So.....this is our first cruise and I am overwhelmed with all the info! Still not sure how dining works....we have early dining (I think that is 5:15) in the MDR. If we decide to go to the Lido or a specialty restaurant, do we have to cancel our 5:15 dining in the MDR or just not show up? Sorry to be such a newbie.......

39 minutes ago, mrebro said:

If we decide to go to the Lido or a specialty restaurant, do we have to cancel our 5:15 dining in the MDR or just not show up? Sorry to be such a newbie.......

Relax, we were all new once.

If you have fixed dining, and know you will not be there the next night, it is good form to let your tablemates and/or stewards know you won't be there.

If you decide on the spur of the moment to go to the Lido instead, you could have one member of your party go down to the dining room and ask the Maître 'd to tell your stewards you won't be coming. Otherwise, just apologize the next night.  

48 minutes ago, RuthC said:

Relax, we were all new once.

If you have fixed dining, and know you will not be there the next night, it is good form to let your tablemates and/or stewards know you won't be there.

If you decide on the spur of the moment to go to the Lido instead, you could have one member of your party go down to the dining room and ask the Maître 'd to tell your stewards you won't be coming. Otherwise, just apologize the next night.  

RuthC I have seen your replies to people’s posts in some threads and always have found you to be psoitive, helpful and quite classy!  Thank you!

On 5/26/2019 at 6:26 PM, Jasperdo said:

My wife and I just returned from an Alaska cruise on the Eurodam. I've scanned the daily "When & Where" activity guides for that cruise. I hope that some people who will be sailing on the Eurodam this summer will find it useful. Here's the link:

Eurodam "When & Where" Dailies - Alaska Cruise

Thanks a bunch for sharing these!  I did not keep ours Dailies, we were the same week last year.  We loved the ship, the cabin and the ports.  Now I can meander through your dailies and enjoy!

@MikeNTeriAZ FYI We were in a Verandah on the Eurodam and it was a lovely wall-mounted flat screen TV across from the bed.