EXPLORING ROATÁN'S FISHING VILLAGES: A MARTHA STEWART TOUR

verodoodle

Is this by boat, on land??? Some really nice villages near Calabash Bight, Oak Ridge are on east end and would take maybe 45 minutes each way? Just wondering since don't know tour description of its going to be a lot of driving time? Very lovely unspoiled end of the is land near Port Royal, my son has house there

Found video of tour, sent to family in Roatan, they were quite impressed really going to be what video shows.. Port Royal on east end is hidden gem.. Beautiful boat trip through mangroves. Too bad tour doesn't spend more time at BJs place and less at Hole in the Wall. For folks not looking for beach day a decent option. Nothing like sampling fresh caught fish! A guy comes by my son's dock with fresh catch often. Lots of snapper.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 8/9/2019 at 5:31 PM, TMR2 said:

We did the Roatan Garifuna, Mangrove Iguana tour  https://roatancruiseexcursions.com/excursion/roatan-garifuna-mangrove-tunnel-iguana-farm-island-tour/ is that simular? It was a really interesting tour and saw so much of the island. 

It's similar to the Martha Stewart tour which I don't believe goes to French Harbour (which is sort of commercialized).  My son lives off grid about a 6 minute boat ride from Oak Ridge so familiar with the area. The mangroves are lovely --- just hope that end of the island doesn't get too commercialized. Only small ships will be able to dock on the East End.  East End is perfect for people who don't want a beach day and to get away from the touristy part around the bigger port areas and West End

• Like 1