Galveston FTTF Embarkation times

Petroplex

Howdy. I sailed Carnival once before in 2002 on my honeymoon. 2 kids, a cat, a mortgage, and a couple of career changes later I am sailing again on the Dream out of Galveston in March 2020. I am in a suite and have booked Faster to the Fun (FTTF). I booked FTTF because I typically have a question about my account at some point during the cruise, and it is worth it to me to have the priority line at guest services. This isn't a perk offered to suites, I think.

When I booked FTTF, it didn't ask me about boarding times-- it simply said the time was 12-1. The cruise is well over 90 days away, so online check-in obviously hasn't started. I would like to board the ship as early as possible. Is 12-1 my assigned time, will I be able to select an earlier time when I check in, or given suite/FTTF do I not need to select a time? Thanks very much. I am looking forward to the trip.

With FTTF you can check into the terminal as soon as you arrive- regardless of any check in time you may end up with. As for boarding, they typically start boarding around 11:15, give or take 15 mins... any wedding parties will board first, followed by VIPs (platinum and diamond cruisers), suite passengers then FTTF. So as a suite traveler, you get to board even sooner than FTTF!

However, FTTF gives you things that a suite pax does not- access to your cabin as soon as you board, early tendering, and as you mentioned access to the VIP line at guest services... these are not offered to suite passengers.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've had FTTF on my last four cruises and have never boarded later than 11:30. You do have to pick a boarding time, but once you do that you can ignore it and arrive at the terminal as soon as they are ready to start checking people in. I usually plan it so I'm parking around 10:30 so by the time I reach the terminal I can go straight in and within a few minutes they start the boarding process. 

Having a suite does not come with the perks that faster to the fun does - no priority line at guest services, no early access to your room...it does mean that you don't have to have a time to board because you can walk up at the terminal and depending on timing get right on the ship.  Suites on Carnival have far fewer perks (in my opinion) then other cruise lines.

• Like 1