Car Rental in Skagway

Giantfan13

Last time, about 8 years ago, we rented a car in Skagway and drove to Emerald Lake. We are again visiting Skagway in early September and would like to, once again, rent a car and drive somewhere.

First, since I am getting older and don't remember where we rented this car and from whom, what are our choices in Skagway?. If whatever memory I still have, I seem to recall there being an AVIS place, is that still the main car rental. Are there other choices? 

Our time in Skagway is from 7AM till 5PM. We don't mind doing the Emerald Lake drive again, but we would also like to maybe see a different drive and other sites.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Len

Avis is still the main player in town, and may be the only one. Really only one road out of town so not many options. If its been thatt long you will see quite a few changes in the town of Carcross, they now have some small shops and restaurants

There are 3 rental car players in Skagway. Avis is the big dog. They operated out of the Westmark Inn. There’s the Green Jeep rental, which is kind of a joke. You’re only allowed to drive the jeep on the hard road, not go off road. Then there is Affordable Car Rentals 907-983-CARS (2277)  https://skagway.com/listings/affordable-car-rentals/