AS SEA/LGB Routing

klfrodo

Did Alaska discontinue the SEA - LGB non stop route?

Or, maybe it's a seasonal route?

Only other option is SEA - LAX or SEA - SNA

ONT is too far out

Okay, B6 is an option, just not one I would consider. I'm a mileage whore.

Edited by klfrodo

Alaska stopped serving LGB about 4 years ago. If you must fly AS, and are simply wanting to get the Long Beach cruise terminal, I recommend flying into LAX. There are many convenient transportation options available there.

https://worldairlinenews.com/2014/11/11/alaska-airlines-to-end-seattletacoma-long-beach-flights/

Edited by HawksFan74

24 minutes ago, HawksFan74 said:

Alaska stopped serving LGB about 4 years ago. If you must fly AS, and are simply wanting to get the Long Beach cruise terminal, I recommend flying into LAX. There are many convenient transportation options available there.

https://worldairlinenews.com/2014/11/11/alaska-airlines-to-end-seattletacoma-long-beach-flights/

I would do SNA/Orange County. I have flown SEA-SNA several times for meetings in Seal Beach (near Long Beach) because SNA is just so much easier to get in and out of, rent cars at, etc. It may be slightly further, but that time is saved at the airport itself in my experience.

Edited by Zach1213

2 hours ago, Zach1213 said:

I would do SNA/Orange County. I have flown SEA-SNA several times for meetings in Seal Beach (near Long Beach) because SNA is just so much easier to get in and out of, rent cars at, etc. It may be slightly further, but that time is saved at the airport itself in my experience.

Really depends on what you want to do. If you want to rent a car, sight-see, visit Disneyland etc., then yeah, SNA might be more convenient. If you want to get off the plane and head straight to the cruise terminal or a Long Beach hotel, and don't need a car, then LAX is the better option imo. There are town cars, shuttle vans, Uber/Lyft etc., all of which tend to be a little quicker and cheaper from LAX. Airfare to LAX tends to cheaper as well.

Edited by HawksFan74