Soda and More Pkg is gone...

Bubbs33

6 hours ago, TBarneyWC said:

Now I am thinking about combining those and getting the Premium Coffee and Soda Package. But is that a true combination of the previous two?  Can I get all of the specialty coffees that are on the New Grounds Menu, lattes, mochas, frappucinos, etc. in this new package?  It is really unclear.   

The coffee's yes, I think the changes are on the soda/mocktail side.

4 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

You'd be better off buying in port and taking on.  That's what we are going to start doing on our cruises.  That price is ridiculous. 

I just purchased 3-12 can packs of Diet Pepsi at our local store, it cost me $13.00 and that is higher than normal.   The Classic Soda package (fountain drink) on Princess is now $11.79 per day .  Princesses 6 Canned Soda package will cost $11.80 or $1.97 per can.  The purchase at my local store cost me 36 cents per can, McDonalds charges $1.00 for a fountain soda and I get free refills.  I truly believe, Princess is out of line with its increase.  

I guess, I need to start researching stores near our ports of calls to buy sodas to bring on board because I'm not buying it on the ship unless I'm desperate.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2019 at 10:59 PM, TBarneyWC said:

I am still trying to figure out the coffee part of the new drink packages.  Previously I have purchased the Unlimited Soda and the New Grounds Coffee card. 

Now I am thinking about combining those and getting the Premium Coffee and Soda Package. But is that a true combination of the previous two?  Can I get all of the specialty coffees that are on the New Grounds Menu, lattes, mochas, frappucinos, etc. in this new package?  It is really unclear.   

It seems like the New Grounds Coffee Package includes 15 Specialty Beverages (7-day cruise) plus all the regular coffee you want, whereas the Premium Coffee and Soda Package is not limited ("all, specialty or premium coffees and teas"). If you drink more than 2 Specialty Beverages (espressos,  lattes, etc) per day, there may be some benefit to the combination vs buying the two separate packages. 

Edited by richmke