Soda and More Pkg is gone...

Bubbs33

I 'guess' Princess could 'extend' the existing dealio with the still existing coffee cards ... a punch for every coffee, including brewed... seems like nothing would be totally wrong with that, right?

nah ... not gonna happen ...

Sept 1- consistently inconsistent will be in full force ...

OK, I'll give you a coffee this time ... but I'm keeping the card ...

Edited by voljeep

5 hours ago, greenie082756 said:

For those of us who are not big soda drinkers the new package is WAY out of line price wise.

We will stick to getting the coffee package and order soda or mocktails when wanted. 

We always get the water package so that helps. This will definitely lower the cost for us.

I really think this has to do with the gratuity increase more than the product cost?

On my most recent cruise a diet coke and a mocktail would have cost me around $6-7 each.  So I am basically paying $11 a day for the soda package.  Again, that isn't much.  I have a coke at lunch and a mocktail at dinner and possibly another one at a show.  So it definitely works for me.  So I don't see how you can say the new pricing is WAY out of line.  It just doesn't fit your needs or desires.  Now since I don't drink much booze or coffee, then I think those packages pricings are WAY out of line!  I guess you just need to act like an accountant and do the math and that will tell you whether or not to get a package or not!!

Pooh

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DisneyDorkhead said:

They just added the smoothies to the new premier coffee and soda package and the new classic soda package.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

Right but which ships have smoothies and where do you buy them? The bar? I’ve certainly never seen a smoothie offered on my sailings!

After reading this I went to my cruise personalizer. I had prepaid the soda and more pkg. Imagine my surprise when I checked and found out that they'd canceled my order. They haven't notified me. The difference in price is an additional $26.18. Guess I'll just buy a beverage when I want it. Save some cash!

29 minutes ago, jr8934 said:

After reading this I went to my cruise personalizer. I had prepaid the soda and more pkg. Imagine my surprise when I checked and found out that they'd canceled my order. They haven't notified me. The difference in price is an additional $26.18. Guess I'll just buy a beverage when I want it. Save some cash!

How do you know if they cancel your purchase?

I paid for 2 Soda and More packages just today. They are still under "View Purchases"

2 minutes ago, antsp said:

At this price we will just buy one ND discreetly share. If princess want to over charge why play by the rules. 

Integrity. 

It’s not for everyone.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Princess is really trying to run  me off I guess.  Multiple price increases in just a few weeks time.

Me too! And this is just a stupid change. It just screams "greedy". 

31 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

It's not like they did what they did with tips, $1/pp/pd, the soda and more package option went up 40% and it was already a bit overpriced.

Yeah, this prices us out for the kids now, too. One kid only drinks a glass or two of juice and one or two mocktails per day. The other kid only drinks 2 or 3 sodas per day. The price increase means we will stick to either taking our own onboard or buying them as we go. Less convenient, but way cheaper!

Do all ships even offer smoothies/milkshakes? I don't remember seeing them on the Caribbean last year.  Headed on the Grand soon so I'm curious as to what they have.  I'm usually not a big complainer but it seems like a steep increase especially if hot chocolate is no longer included.  

29 minutes ago, Bignickpsu said:

Do all ships even offer smoothies/milkshakes? I don't remember seeing them on the Caribbean last year.  Headed on the Grand soon so I'm curious as to what they have.  I'm usually not a big complainer but it seems like a steep increase especially if hot chocolate is no longer included.  

That's my point, too....saying it includes items that are not available on all ships means that you are paying for something that you can't actually get! The only smoothies I have seen on any ship are the free ones in the buffet.

8 hours ago, pms4104 said:

New pkgs and new pricing ... wonder how Princess will handle sharing ... the usual wink and nod, perhaps?

They will monitor it with the medallions, which track everything. It clearly states in the beverage packages there will be a time between  drinks monitored from the POS.

14 hours ago, meatloafsfan said:

I think the price of the new soda package puts it over what I want to pay for sodas. We only get a few occasional mocktails (maybe 5-7 on a 10 day cruise).

For the same cost as the classic soda package I can purchase the 6 can soda deal (pay for 5; get 6) from the personalizer. For us who are buying the soda package for soda, this seems like a better deal - even throwing in the occasional can purchased directly from the bar.

This is the route we'll take also.  With a port intensive cruise we were borderline getting our money's worth before.  A six pack of cans will last us a couple of days.. 

12 hours ago, voljeep said:

if you've already paid for it ... Princess should honor the price, but could change it to the 'new' terms and conditions

at least as I remember, that's what happened when the AIBP was changed to the PBP ...

That's exactly  what happened!  

This is nuts like they did last year with raising the water package price up to $23. Enough people complained that they changed it back.

We should do it now for this.  We like getting this package but not now with this price increase.  Not worth the money for us.

My TA is also talking to Princess to see why it went up and why no notice!!!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Right but which ships have smoothies and where do you buy them? The bar? I’ve certainly never seen a smoothie offered on my sailings!

Not sure since I haven't sailed on the Princess line yet. My first cruise with Princess will be on the Ruby next August. I was just taking the info from what the company had out.

Well I just went and looked at a future cruise and the soda and more package was showing at 8.26 a day. Since this is a 14 day cruise I went ahead and purchased it just in case it disappears. So I paid 115.64 per person so saved quite a bit versus the new price of 165.06 per person. 

• Like 2