Weather report web site for Regent cruises

(Disclaimer:  I am a long time (2002) Cruise Critic member with over 2,000 posts.  I have no financial interest in Cruise Outlook:  I’m just someone who has found this to be a useful web site.)

For the past several years I have used a web site called CruiseOutlook.com for cruise weather forecasts.  For cruises on Oceania and Silversea, this was easy:  I simply clicked on the cruise line, then on my sailing, and there was a port by port forecast for the next week, excluding sea days.  For an extra $5 for four months, I was able to get 14-day forecast, including sea days.  For Regent, which was not covered by the web site, things were more complicated.  I had to create an itinerary port-by-port.

Good news!  I have corresponded with Cruise Outlook, and they have agreed to add Regent to their web site.  As of now, the site includes Regent cruises through July 3, with more to be added soon.  For example, the current May 26 Alaska cruise has forecasts through the June 5 end of the cruise, while the June 1 Explorer cruise around the British Isles has forecasts through June 6.  In both cases, the web site also shows other ships in port.  When I logged in with my premium membership, I was able to get a forecast through the end of the trip, including sea days.

In order to gauge interest in having Regent on the web site, Cruise Outlook is offering $1 off the normal $5 membership.  If you are interested, please use the coupon code REGENT2019.  The code expires on August 31, which effectively means that (if you time your membership correctly), your membership can go to the end of the year, and can cover multiple cruises on multiple cruise lines.

On 5/30/2019 at 4:42 PM, JMARINER said:

Save your money.

You can go to this side for free. https://www.oceanweather.com/data/

Not only can you get mid ocean weather,  but also wave heights and wind speeds.

Jeff

Thank you for an additional web resource.  As for "save your money", I doubt that $4 or $5 is much of a price deterrent for people cruising on Regent.  Yes, a combination of your web site and the free portion of Cruise Outlook well give you a lot of information; but I can't see how the ocean weather web site will give me a prediction of the air temperature at the place where my cruise ship will be.  I sea surface temperature but not air temperature.

10 minutes ago, Joanandjoe said:

Thank you for an additional web resource.  As for "save your money", I doubt that $4 or $5 is much of a price deterrent for people cruising on Regent.  Yes, a combination of your web site and the free portion of Cruise Outlook well give you a lot of information; but I can't see how the ocean weather web site will give me a prediction of the air temperature at the place where my cruise ship will be.  I sea surface temperature but not air temperature.

I like windy.com. It gives you more information than you can shake a stick at. Take a look. 

Dave

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DaveFr said:

I like windy.com. It gives you more information than you can shake a stick at. Take a look. 

Dave

I’m a big fan of Windy, too.  I’m kind of a “weather junkie” anyway, so I use a variety of apps to keep track (StormRadar, Accuweather, and occasionally Wunderground).  

Lana in Bellingham, WA

• Like 1