Luggage Storage in Seward

thunes

Hello! We're disembarking from Seward and won't be departing Anchorage until 11pm. Is there a place we can store our luggage in Seward so we can explore the town? Any recommendations on transportation to the airport?

Thanks!

Do you mean the airport in Anchorage?  That's about 2.5 - 3 hours from Seward.  I'd start with figuring out how you're going to get there for an 11pm flight.  The train from Seward leaves Seward at 6pm but doesn't get to Anchorage until 10:15, which won't work for an 11pm flight.  You could rent a car in Seward and drop off in Anchorage- there is a steep drop off fee for that, but then you could store your luggage in the car while you sight see, and there's tons of scenic options between Seward and Anchorage.

I think there are also bus transfer options, or hired car options, but I'm not familiar with them.

Transport from Seward to Anchorage seems pricey however you do it.  

We rented a car from Hertz (only option for Seward to Anchorage) and were able to leave our luggage in the trunk all day while we were in Seward.  I asked at the Hertz counter if Seward had any issues with theft from cars (been reading about other places where you don't dare leave luggage in a car, even the trunk), and was assured it does not.  

On 5/31/2019 at 7:15 PM, ShipsandDipper said:

Transport from Seward to Anchorage seems pricey however you do it.  

We rented a car from Hertz (only option for Seward to Anchorage) and were able to leave our luggage in the trunk all day while we were in Seward.  I asked at the Hertz counter if Seward had any issues with theft from cars (been reading about other places where you don't dare leave luggage in a car, even the trunk), and was assured it does not.  

i'm debating between the car rental option (`$350) or seeing the Kenai Fjords with an airport transfer ($224 per person)

4 minutes ago, thunes said:

i'm debating between the car rental option (`$350) or seeing the Kenai Fjords with an airport transfer ($224 per person)

Oh, ouch.  I thought our car rental was steep at $269.  

The nice thing about the car was that in addition to doing a boat tour, we had time to go out to Exit Glacier and walk around out there first thing in the morning.  After the boat tour, we took our time driving up to Anchorage.  The bad thing was that it was a really, really tiring day.  It probably would have been nice to have had an opportunity to nap on a bus.

Definitely include the Kenai Fjords tour.  It's a great day, and really worthwhile.  Lots of opportunity for wildlife sightings, much closer than you can on the cruise ship.