Drink Codes

bigilla

Hi again,

Can someone please tell what the following codes mean? We have booked 2 soft drinks packages and 1 water package..cause we do not drink alcohol and we are only interested in water and soft drinks. We are not interested in any other beverage packages. Are these their codes please? Thanks in advance.

8951-BKALCH-THIRST

8951-BKALCH-THIRST

8951-BKEUWP-THIRST

Ah okay in your paperwork under beverage package there should be a code which begins with a number then 2 letters then 3 numbers 

so for ours on the Seaside in the states it is 534NS179 yours should show something like that with the 534 part changed to what your package is and that number will be on your cruise cards

58 minutes ago, Epos Man said:

Ah okay in your paperwork under beverage package there should be a code which begins with a number then 2 letters then 3 numbers 

so for ours on the Seaside in the states it is 534NS179 yours should show something like that with the 534 part changed to what your package is and that number will be on your cruise cards

I really cannot find this code anywhere on the ticket, I only have the following:

image.thumb.png.8211dce12f4c2660e22395c8d619b029.png

30 minutes ago, hamrag said:

This is only a guess, but I wonder if it is confirming that you get water with your meals.....not every type of booking does.

I really dont think so, we are Europeans who will be sailing in the Mediterranean and I dont think we have that privilege 😞

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 4:50 PM, bigilla said:

Hi again,

Can someone please tell what the following codes mean? We have booked 2 soft drinks packages and 1 water package..cause we do not drink alcohol and we are only interested in water and soft drinks. We are not interested in any other beverage packages. Are these their codes please? Thanks in advance.

8951-BKALCH-THIRST

8951-BKALCH-THIRST

8951-BKEUWP-THIRST

CH is for CHILD  They obviously have a soft drinks package as they are not allowed alcohol 

WP is for WATER PACKAGE, which is not available to all guests, eg UK, and is aimed at giving USA guests water at meal times.

I'm sorry if this sounds foolish -- but is water not normally served onboard at meals? Or is this some special kind of water? (I'm looking at booking our first European cruise for 2020 and this is new info I had not considered. I like a little wine or tea or coffee, but mostly water with meals.) TIA.

3 hours ago, Skier52 said:

CH is for CHILD  They obviously have a soft drinks package as they are not allowed alcohol 

WP is for WATER PACKAGE, which is not available to all guests, eg UK, and is aimed at giving USA guests water at meal times.

Thanks..that clarifies things... I had thought the "ALCH" in  BKALCH stood for something alcoholic 😛 

4 hours ago, arabrab said:

I'm sorry if this sounds foolish -- but is water not normally served onboard at meals? Or is this some special kind of water? (I'm looking at booking our first European cruise for 2020 and this is new info I had not considered. I like a little wine or tea or coffee, but mostly water with meals.) TIA.

water is served with meals in Europe but is usually bottled, and at a cost,

in order to fit the US market , where guests expect Tap water at no cost, MSC used to give US guests vouchers for 1 bottle of bottled water per meal,. Various incarnations of this policy have ensued and it is sill an area of much debate and differing  policies dependent on which region you have your booking with.

• Like 1