Alcohol on River Cruises

Griff61

Hello

I have booked a Luftner river cruise for September 2020.  I have searched high and low and can not find an answer anywhere. I hope someone can help me.

On Luftner/Amadeus river cruises are you allowed to bring alcohol onboard at embarkation and also when returning to the ship with purchased alcohol in a port ? 

Thanks for any help I can get.

Cheers 

9 minutes ago, Griff61 said:

Hello

I have booked a Luftner river cruise for September 2020.  I have searched high and low and can not find an answer anywhere. I hope someone can help me.

On Luftner/Amadeus river cruises are you allowed to bring alcohol onboard at embarkation and also when returning to the ship with purchased alcohol in a port ? 

Thanks for any help I can get.

Cheers 

Email the cruise line and ask them what their BYO policy is. If nothing else, you are getting your answer straight from the horse's mouth.

I would also recommend contacting the cruise line. We have never cruised with Luftner/Amadeus but on all of our other river cruises (Viking, AMA, Gate 1, Scenic) there was no problem whatsoever in bringing onboard alcohol that we had purchased ashore. River cruise personnel do not check your carry-on when you return to the ship - totally different from ocean ships. We usually purchase different types of local liquors ashore and normally drink it in the lounge in the evening.

Edited by dogs4fun