Ovation of the Seas Cruise Compass - Alaska 5/24 - 5/31

19 minutes ago, microtaz said:

Oh please don't be late getting into Juneau! We have a 12:30 excursion booked and now I will stress for the next 24 or so days.

Don't stress over it.  The tour is not going anywhere until the ship gets there.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2019 at 12:29 PM, Emfagan said:

I was on the May 24th sailing.  Here are some of my highlights:

Embarkation - it was not ideal as it was the first Ovation sailing from Seattle.  Luggage porters were not ready/prepared for the large number guests.  We were late leaving Seattle due to the luggage still being loaded on the ship.  This caused a late arrival into Juneau and long lines to exit.  But we did stay later in Juneau to make up for the late arrival.

Inside activities - inside activities like trivia, bumper cars, etc were packed!  Not sure if it was due to Alaska sailing forcing people inside.

Adventure Ocean - kids loved going here and rated it 10 out of 10.

Shows - Two Funny Guys (headliner) was a hit for all in our party!  Pixels was ok.  We wished the Live, Love, Legs was kid appropriate as my daughter would have loved the costumes.

My Time Dining - highly unorganized on the first day and they didn't have our reservations made online (even though we could see it in the App).  We changed to Traditional Dining and had a great experience.

Disembarkation - was a seamless exit off the ship as we did self-disembark.  My in-laws did the Port Valet and their luggage made it back to our home with no issues!

Let me know if there are other questions!!!  Loved our trip!

Do you know how much the port valet costs? I looked and couldn’t find a price, just that airline luggage fees and additional fees would apply. 

2 hours ago, WxNerd said:

Do you know how much the port valet costs? I looked and couldn’t find a price, just that airline luggage fees and additional fees would apply. 

Port Valet is free in Seattle.