Glass House Champagne Taster

DamianG

Hi all

Can anyone provide more information on the Champagne Taster option in the Glass House please? We've not heard of this before (just seen it mentioned on Trip Advisor) so we are interested to know the cost (£12.50?) and what you get for your money.

Thanks in advance.

Damian

The glass house does a number of wine tasting flights, it’s a really good way to try wines before you buy a bottle. Or just to try for the fun of it.

You get three medium sized glasses of fizz.  Can’t remember the names exactly (except the one I liked). It’s better value than buying one glass but only if someone in your party likes all the tastings provided.

One was a very sweet pink fizz which I did not like at all, far to sweet for me but another member of the group loved it. Innocent bystander Australian muscat if memory serves.

The  second was a Canadian white, still a bit sweet for me, I think it might have been an ice wine.

The third was a bone dry Tattinger which was excellent, for my palate anyway.

Guest ccpm

With the fizz tasters they are 100ml not 125ml like the other wine flights I believe. I didn't try one this time but wonder if this was done to get the price back  to being comparable with other wines at ?£12.50 which the OP mentioned. Last time I had them they were £16.95 for a full 125ml. I believe both of the non champagnes are Peller Ice and Peller Ice Rose. 

5 minutes ago, ccpm said:

With the fizz tasters they are 100ml not 125ml like the other wine flights I believe. I didn't try one this time but wonder if this was done to get the price back  to being comparable with other wines at ?£12.50 which the OP mentioned. Last time I had them they were £16.95 for a full 125ml. I believe both of the non champagnes are Peller Ice and Peller Ice Rose. 

Thanks for all the responses. Yes, as these are sparkling wines I would expect them to be in 100ml champagne flutes. Talking of which on our Azura cruise last August I did notice that when we got our complimentary "sailaway" drinks they only half filled the glasses. Is that standard now or were we just unlucky with our bar tender?

47 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Thanks for all the responses. Yes, as these are sparkling wines I would expect them to be in 100ml champagne flutes. Talking of which on our Azura cruise last August I did notice that when we got our complimentary "sailaway" drinks they only half filled the glasses. Is that standard now or were we just unlucky with our bar tender?

They do appear to be quite mean with the pour for the sailaway drinks now.