Disney Fantasy Outlet in the Bathroom?

loeytalldog

Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling that's the way they were. I am a RCCL cruiser and they have the same thing. I was hoping one of the cruise lines would catch on that people need an outlet in the bathroom for things other than shaving! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hidden Minnie said:

The outlet in the bathroom is specifically for electric shavers. I don’t believe they are made for other thugs.

You  only have to worry about thugs if you're on the Magic 🤣

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, loeytalldog said:

Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling that's the way they were. I am a RCCL cruiser and they have the same thing. I was hoping one of the cruise lines would catch on that people need an outlet in the bathroom for things other than shaving! 

It is not that the outlet knows whether you plug a razor in or something else.  It is current limited by a fuse to typically 20-40 milliamps, or 2-4 watts.  Any device that draws less than this can be used in this outlet, so check the nameplate data on your waterpick for it's current draw or wattage.  It will also need to have a non-polarized plug (both blades are equal sized).

The "razor only" outlet is a European method of limiting current in areas where water and electricity are present.  In the US, code requires a "ground fault circuit interrupter" (GFCI) type outlet that protects against electrical shock, but the "razor only" outlet does the same thing for less money.

• Like 1