My quick review of the Glory 05/26-06/02

We just got home from the Glory on Sunday. It was 7 days out of New Orleans and is was me, my Husband and our two kids (11 and 9). This was our 2nd cruise and the kid first. Prior to this trip I had read very mixed reviews about the Glory. I am going to give my review and please feel free to ask any questions. 

Embarkation- We were scheduled to be at the terminal between 11:30-12:30. We arrived around 10:45 and parked in the terminal garage. We were cruising with out birth certificates and getting through that process and checking our carry on (some sodas for the kids) was quick and easy. We had a cash sign and sail account ( I had purchased some cruise cash prior to) so we had to go through guest services. That process was easy also. We did have to sit for some time in the Terminal. From what we heard not everyone was off the boat yet so we had to wait to board. Once boarding started it was fast and I think we were on board and having lunch before 12:30. Rooms were ready at 1:30.

We had an interior room on floor 1. I was concerned about the 4 of us being too crowed for the week. It wasn't bad at all. I unpacked all of our luggage and stored it under the bed and in the closets so that it was out of the way. We didn't see our room steward very much.  I had read about how bad the refrigerators were but ours didn't work at all and we got in changed out on the 3rd night. We did notice that our room seemed cooler during the day and would get warm at night. 

I had read about how bad the lines were for the buffets. Yes we did encounter that at breakfast but it was never terrible. The wait for the blue iguana was never more than 5 minutes and we never waited more than 5 minutes for guy's burger. We only did the dining room 3 nights. I would definitely recommend the breakfast burritos from blue iguana and the burgers from guy's. My son loved the late night pizza. I think he ate there every night before we headed back to the room.  The kids wanted to hang out on the lido every second they could! They loved it. My husband and I ended up watching 3 or 4 movies on the lido while the kids played in the pool. I thought they would be interested in the shows but they weren't. The only ones we went to were one PG comedy show one night. Can't remember the guys name but he was really funny. Some of the jokes went over my 9 years head. We also went to the Hasbro game show. It was really cute and we all enjoyed it. 

I had also read how the boat needed some repairs and looked old. We did not find this at all. Actually we found ourselves commenting on multiple occasions how they were constantly working and constantly cleaning. We never saw anything look dirty or old. 

Our stops were Cozumel, Belize and Roatan. Here is a quick run through of what we did in each one. If anyone wants further info please feel free to ask.

Cozumel we did the 4x4 terracross and speedboats. It was a blast!! Would highly recommend.

Belize- We went to Goff's caye and spent the day there. The water here is literally picture perfect. The kids never came out of the water. They loved putting their goggles on and seeing all the coral and fish.  

Roatan- We booked a private tour with Victor Bodden tours. I would highly recommend this. We learned so much about the island and was able to see so much of it. Our day included a visit with the monkeys and sloths, the local chocolate factory, souvenir shopping, lunch at a local place that our guide suggested and a stop at a small beach. 

Debarkation- We ended up putting our luggage out the night before. By the time we got our tags only 22 was left. (we were at Dr. Seuss breakfast and couldn't get there any earlier). My Husband ended up wishing we would have just kept our luggage and got off. Just because he was up early and we had breakfast then were just sitting and waiting. It still wasn't bad at all. We were off the boat, had our luggage and were heading home by 9:15ish.  

Overall we had a great week and a great vacation. I really don't have anything negative to say about the Glory, the staff or the ports. My kids are ready to do it again! 

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

The Glory was my first cruise and we took it out of Norfolk, VA when it was doing 7 day cruises from there.  I love that ship along with its sister Conquest.  We have taken our kids on lots of cruises and frankly we rarely see them on the ship.  They go to the kids club and hang out with each other and other kids exploring the ship and doing activities.  I've never worried about them or their safety aboard.

As you guys cruise more you will learn all the little things to make things easier, such as the disembarkation with luggage, and all your preferences.  Glad you had a good time and the pictures were amazing!

On 6/16/2019 at 5:06 PM, SandiLynn said:

Thank you for the review. Were there USB ports in your cabin?

No USB ports :( We only had one outlet in the whole room. It was under the mirror. I ordered something to plug in that had extra plug, USB ports and a night light but because the outlet was positioned under the mirror and upside down it did not work. We made do. We left all of our phones except mine on land! I only took mine so I could take pics. 

On 6/17/2019 at 9:00 AM, Charm2018 said:

My 12 year old and I had a great time on the Glory this year as well!  We can't wait to go back on.

Thanks for your review and the pics!

My kids loved it!! I really thought that they would want to go to camp but they never did. They loved just hanging out on the lido. 

16 hours ago, familyoutdoors said:

That's funny! They are very persistent! It wasn't as bad in Belize but my kids were shocked at how pushy they were in Cozumel.  My daughter had seen a few kids on board the day before with braids so she already knew she wanted it done. I was hoping to get it done on the beach, but was glad we didn't wait because we didn't see anyone else doing them the rest of the trip. 

9 hours ago, ishap said:

The Glory was my first cruise and we took it out of Norfolk, VA when it was doing 7 day cruises from there.  I love that ship along with its sister Conquest.  We have taken our kids on lots of cruises and frankly we rarely see them on the ship.  They go to the kids club and hang out with each other and other kids exploring the ship and doing activities.  I've never worried about them or their safety aboard.

As you guys cruise more you will learn all the little things to make things easier, such as the disembarkation with luggage, and all your preferences.  Glad you had a good time and the pictures were amazing!

I think the freedom is what they enjoyed most. We would find us a spot to sit and they would just hang out at the pool or the hot tubs for hours. I was a little more cautious at first but my husband kept telling me "where are they going to go?" They would check in with us every so often. There was one crew member that my daughter really become fond of. She is very social! 

We definitely can't wait to do it again! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2019 at 5:06 PM, SandiLynn said:

Thank you for the review. Were there USB ports in your cabin?

We have been bringing a power strip with usb ports  with us because we find we need more outlets than what they have in the cabins anyway!