Solstice Class Royal Suite beds

wwcruisers

I have a specific question -- which I am sure that someone out there has the answer to. I heard (or read) somewhere that the Royal Suite beds, on Solstice Class ships, do NOT separate into two twin beds. Does anyone have first-hand experience with the RS configuration on Eclipse -- as it CURRENTLY exists? The cruise that I'm considering will take place before its 'makeover' -- so, no need for speculation about what the 'revolution' will bring. Thanks in advance!

Edited by wwcruisers
spelling error

22 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

Suzanne  Celebrity website says Queen or two smaller beds (some exceptions).

I think you need to make a phone call to Celebrity

Thank you Gerardo -- but I have -- and the answers are all over the place. My impression is that this falls under that 'some exceptions' caveat, in the fine-print, in the R/S amenities list.

These beds are supposedly different from the regular queen-sized beds, and I've heard that they either don't separate -- or that it's very difficult (and the staff doesn't like to do it). I just wanted to know what experience folks who have (recently) sailed in those cabins have had.

Edited by wwcruisers

First off you can ignore the wonderfully accurate web site and phoning Celebrity will produce a plethora of correct and incorrect answers. The only way to be certain is to check the beds when you arrive on the ship.

I have searched deep on this and in other places including asking X to no certain result

This however is a picture of the bed/beds in an RS on Reflection......

1543615559_RSBeadsref1.thumb.jpg.54450fdaadf8d8b154d69b7756354a64.jpg

so it is possible. 

these are links to a couple of threads.... (we will be in 1116 on Silhouette in Aug so Ill let you know then how it works on Silhouette)

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2322584-royal-suite-bedding/?do=findComment&comment=50949668

Having been in a royal suite on the eclipse, the bed did not separate - despite having been told that it would prior to departure.

Not sure if some RS do and some don’t. But from own experience the bed did not. If bed would have separated then I’m sure staff would have as that had been requested and it meant bed in living room having to be made up. 

1 minute ago, CocoCronut said:

Having been in a royal suite on the eclipse, the bed did not separate - despite having been told that it would prior to departure.

Not sure if some RS do and some don’t. But from own experience the bed did not. If bed would have separated then I’m sure staff would have as that had been requested and it meant bed in living room having to be made up. 

CocoCronut -- Thanks for that info. And yes, X's shore-side folks are very good at telling you whatever you want to hear -- just as long as they can get you to you book that cabin! Very irritating that X didn't think that one through, from the get-go. The premise of two people, paying thousands for that cabin -- and one of them having to sleep on a pull-out sofa -- is just ridiculous!🤯

I believe TA genuinely believed the beds could be separated (having contacted Celebrity and from previous experience) and by the sounds of it, it may be the luck of the draw that some do and some don’t.

We travelled with two RS and the other one didn’t appear to separate either. 

• Thanks 1