Transportation from Shades of Green resort at Disney to Tampa cruise port

luvtrips

We are staying at Shades of Green prior to our cruise out of Tampa. It's an hour and a half away. Taxis and shuttles seem very expensive. I hate to rent a car for just an hour and a half, and I dont know how to handle dropping it off. Any ideas? Thank you.

as you've seen there aren't many options for shuttles tween Disney and Tampa.  IMO renting a car IS your best option even for just a couple of hours. I routinely rent cars to get Orlando to Melbourne and Miami to Melbourne and Lauderdale to Melbourne ..... it is the easiest/cheapest way to go .....

Worst case is to return at Tampa airport and take a taxi to the port at a flat rate $25 ... UBER would be a little less.  there may be a downtown rental office where you can drop and they will shuttle you to the port, and some major rental companies may even shuttle from the airport but I dunno the details.  May take a phone call or two.

dunno if you tried this: http://miamicruiseshuttle.net/orlando-to-port-of-tampa.html

Edited by Capt_BJ

Avis, Hertz and Enterprise have locations close to the port and usually offer shuttles. As the CAPT says, if you get a better deal returning the car to the airport a cab to the port will run about $27+ or you can Uber for under $20.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 9:01 PM, luvtrips said:

We are staying at Shades of Green prior to our cruise out of Tampa. It's an hour and a half away. Taxis and shuttles seem very expensive. I hate to rent a car for just an hour and a half, and I dont know how to handle dropping it off. Any ideas? Thank you.

I can never quite figure out how to DM people on here or to get other information across to those who may have specific circumstances.  
Anyhow, please reach out to the guest services at Shades of Green.   They are always very helpful if I have questions about how to get from here to there (anywhere).   They may be able to put you in touch with a shuttle service or offer some sort of lead on a discount.  
Also if you are using a travel agent or a service for your Disney trip, you may want to ask that person about options.  We are actually going to be driving in for a cruise from Tampa first and then for a couple of days at Shades.  
Just a thought.  May want to look at mousesavers.com and undercover tourist too