St. Petersburg alternative?

20 hours ago, fly2themoon said:

We’re using Best Gudes and tailoring our visit to our interests and trying to avoid duplications. Some great suggestions found on this thread. 

I'm a bit anti the way Best push promotions here...

"On top of those discounts, I will be happy to give you an additional personal discount of 10%  (discount for one person) if you put a post on Cruise Critic Roll Call to tell that you have booked (or considering booking) a tour with us – please make sure to put the name of our company – Best Guides –and encourage other cruisers to join you."

1 hour ago, Bullswood said:

I'm a bit anti the way Best push promotions here...

"On top of those discounts, I will be happy to give you an additional personal discount of 10%  (discount for one person) if you put a post on Cruise Critic Roll Call to tell that you have booked (or considering booking) a tour with us – please make sure to put the name of our company – Best Guides –and encourage other cruisers to join you."

yes I can see people violating cruisecritic rules if they post outside their roll call

11 minutes ago, fabnfortysomething said:

yes I can see people violating cruisecritic rules if they post outside their roll call

I suspect that these violations are from newbies to cruise critic - I don't believe that there are any nefarious intentions and Best guides specifically requested posting on the roll call - not the Europe forum.

Edited by dogs4fun

• 3 weeks later...

I can't recommend a private tour group since we got visas and spent several days in SPB -but if you welcome out-of-norm ideas, here is a quick review/overview I wrote of my time there: Golitsyn Loft on Fontaka river - cool, hipster, artsy side of SPB. Than you can walk down to Faberge museum from there. A few steps away from Church of Spilled Blood is inexpensive Museum of Soviet Arcade- kids will like but adults will too for a little Soviet nostalgia look. Another tip, if you want to escape Hermitage crowds, your ticket also gets you in at the Gen Staff building (right across from main Winter Palace bldg) which is more modern but also very cool and you'll see rarely-seen Monets, Degas, Picassos. And Rodin sculptures with almost NO one else!! Other off-the-beaten path: New Holland Island if weather is good, all of St. Pete love to go there. Foodwise, anything by ubiquitous Ginza project is kind of perfect though locals may scoff a bit at them. Go to their website for slew of restaurants and bars. Marketplace is GREAT fast casual self service chain, can sample lots of dishes. Nighttime To Dos: cruise on canal, watch bridges rise at 1am, walk down super lively Rubenstein street, or a ballet.

• Thanks 1