Ketchikan Self Tour

amisup

Our ship arrives at 7 am. We are a group of 8 - 4 seniors who can manage maybe an hour or two of walking with breaks. 

Assuming we disembark early. I am thinking we should take the silver line northbound to Totem Bight State Park and then get back in town and do part of the Walking tour. 

Q - Where exactly is the stop on Front and Dock Street,I looked at street view in googlemaps and I dont see it.

Q-  On returning from Totem Bight, I see the bus take a different route. Which stop should I get off at if I wanted to do the walking tour ? Fed Building?

https://www.experienceketchikan.com/support-files/ketchikan_maps_downtown_2016.pdf

We just did this on May 29.  Caught the bus in front of the Tongass Museum—stop #8 on the map.  You need exact fare ($2/person each way).  Bus was clearly marked.  Quite a long bus ride but the totem park is worth it.  Cost is $5/person.

On the bus ride back, you have to transfer to a new bus once you get back to town—it is the free shuttle offered by the city.  Driver will tell you where and when to get off.  Can’t help you with the stops—we got off at the first cruise ship dock and walked back to Creek Street ( wanted the walk).

It was easy peasy.  So much so that we are planning to go to Saxman Village via the bus on our trip next year.

Thank you disneyochem for the info but I am really hoping we don’t have to walk all the way to Tongass Museum to catch the bus and that instead we can catch it right on Front Street as soon as we get off the ship. 

7 hours ago, amisup said:

Thank you disneyochem for the info but I am really hoping we don’t have to walk all the way to Tongass Museum to catch the bus and that instead we can catch it right on Front Street as soon as we get off the ship. 

That information I don’t have—sorry.  The museum maybe the closest stop though.  We were directed to that stop by the folks in the visitors center.  It was a quick and easy walk—5 to 10 minutes from the visitors center to the museum.