Dawn.. Is it worth if for a suite since no Haven?

On 6/13/2019 at 6:37 PM, BirdTravels said:

Well you were on the Joy in an "owners suite" which does not exist on the Joy. 

We were in a forward facing penthouse suite on the Dawn and loved the room. The service and food was top notch.  

We are in a forward 2 balcony owners suite on the dawn in 2 weeks and really looking forward to it.  

To be honest I prefer the suite experience on the smaller ships without the Haven having done both.  In the Haven on the breakaway I felt there was just too much emphasis on the separation and the ship within a ship. The whole tendency towards not interacting with the rest of the ship and focus on getting the most out of the Haven attitude is a little bit of a downer for me, I was never impressed by the Haven restaurant either. I much prefer to just enjoy the gorgeous room and a few suite perks on the smaller ships but that is just me!

On 6/12/2019 at 2:44 PM, ClarkBHM said:

The advantages are that you get butler and concierge access. This also gives you priority embarkation/debarkation, a special seating section at the theater, etc. 

I didn't think the Dawn's pool chair situation was that bad, but getting a suite isn't necessarily going to change anything there.

Sailed the Dawn - lots of pool chair space.

On 6/13/2019 at 6:49 AM, dexddd said:

OP ,  it has been many years since suite on Dawn and it is older ship, but the recent refurb looks pretty good and I would have no issue booking a suite on Dawn.

Other than  ships with Haven with the tiny pools, NCL does not save seats by pools for suite guests and even not in haven area.

The Haven "tiny pools" on the Jewel, Pearl, etc. are endless lap swim-against-the-current exercise pools and they are great.  They are the only places I know of in the entire NCL fleet to get in a real swim each day.  Moreover, comparatively few passengers have access to these Havens.  When you step out of the pool, ask the courtyard butler to bring you whatever you would like in the way of food and drink. 

Edited by FLAHAM

We were on the Dawn this past March in a suite. Granted, it was the Garden Villa, but we loved the Dawn so much we booked her again for March of 2020, next time in an Owner’s suite with 2 balconies. Here are the reasons, in my opinion, why suites are an absolute must if you can afford one:

1. Priority embarkation and disembarkation  - I personally despise lines, so any way to avoid them I’m all in.

2.  Butler service - I love having breakfast in the room and love the special treats, and treatment, aka service, the butlers provide.

3.  Concierge service - this can be spotty, depending on the concierge, but Roel is on the Dawn and he is FABULOUS! I mean, he trains the butlers...he is that good.

4.  The suite itself - I like having room to spread out. I know many people say they spend zero time in their cabins, but we are the opposite. We spend a lot of time in our cabin/suite. For us, cruising is about alone time spent together relaxing.  We do venture out, but we enjoy movies in the room, alone time on the balcony, etc.

Hope this helps you!