Who has received a Norwegian 50% credit for Cuba?

USFLGAL

Hi, I know what Norwegian has promised to pay refunds and credits for the restriction to Cuba sailings - I'm just wondering if anyone has received the 50% fare credit yet and I had a few questions:

1) Was the 50% based on fare, taxes, and any other fees paid?

2) Was it off the entire fare for all travelers in the party?

3) Does anyone know if the "future" cruise credit is limited to a dollar amount, number in party and/or to certain destinations?

Thanks so much!

I have received a refund of my Visa fees only do far ($75 pp) which appears as a credit on my NCL account. I spoke with an NCL rep for clarifications earlier. The 50% refund is based off of fares only for ameach person in your cabin. So if your cruise total before taxes, fees, etc was $2000, you will receive $1000 back. The remaining 50%, in this case $1000, will be credited to your NCL account for a cruise to be taken by Dec 2020. Credits should appear by June 30th.

Edited by Josiepug

The future cruise credit is applied to your NCL account after you have completed your cruise.  The credit is a set amount based on your cruise fare paid excluding taxes.  

The future cruise credit is per person and is non transferable.  The credit amount goes into each person’s NCL account.  It is to be used on new bookings before the expiration date.

So only the Sun 6/3 sailing so far would have received the credit.  Try the roll calls for the Sun and Sky 6/10 next week too.

But re-reading above looks like the future credit goes to the individual passenger???? I paid for the entire cruise as a gift to the other two passengers - I sure hope I can fix that but seems to be a catch always. 🤔

I was on the NCL Sun sailing from Jun 3 to June 7.

I was told that we will receive 50% of the fare paid in the form of a credit back to the original form of payment, regardless of who paid for it. The refund should be posted to my American Express by June 30. The 50% credit for a future cruise is supposed to be used by the actual passengers and will be an amount of 50% of the fare paid for the Cuba cruise and applied toward the cruise of your choice. 

The Cuba visa charge of $75 each was refunded to my cruise charges onboard the ship along with the Cuba port fee of $14 each. 

• Like 1

Question, Did anyone have a negative balance showing on their NCL Account? My cabin mates and I have a negative balance showing under our payment status. I called NCL no one knew what it was for. It doesn't add up to half our cruise fair or the visa fees. TIA

On 6/13/2019 at 12:18 PM, Quencups said:

I thought Visa fees were to be refunded to the booking credit card....we sail Monday and we have nothing refunded to our NCL account as of yet...Your Visa fee refunds are in your NCL account?

The refunded visa fee showing up on my account was removed a few days later. Must have been an error. Now I am still waiting to see it appear on my booking credit card.

• 2 weeks later...

I received my refund last week. We were on the Sun on June 6, we didn’t make it from Key West to Cuba we went to Nassau instead. We have not been credited with that cruise in our Latitudes accounts nor have we been credited with our future cruise credit. I’m wondering when they are going to post that.

So happy, checked my credit card account this morning and NCL gave me my credit for the Cuba cruise. Happy as a clam, I sail in two weeks and it’s nice to have a credit balance on my credit card. 

1 hour ago, BriBrizzle said:

So it will be like a on board credit when I sail in a few weeks?! (1st time NCL cruiser here) 

No, any refunds from a previous cruise won’t be on your current  cruise unless you have arranged it advance with NCL

We sailed last week on the Sun and just received our 50% credit back to our credit card. I just checked myNCL and my Latitudes account and don't see anything about a credit for future cruise. Is there a specific area in myNCL that I should be looking in for this future cruise credit?

Looks to me like we have to ask for the future cruise credit(?) I am sailing Aug. 12 and keep watching my booking credit card for the 50% refund by July 30th. For those of you who booked through TA, I'd definitely check with them so they don't keep the credit!