Amber Cove Safety

Bernardian

1 hour ago, elcuchio24 said:

I agree with you for the most part. Although, I am honestly shocked the resorts are still going with 'all just a big coincidence' story. Thats a terrible PR move, and frankly just a bad way to handle it. Story isnt going away and the industry there is going to get beat.

I believe it is from tainted alcohol in the mini bars in their rooms. When there, we will stick to bottled beer.

2 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

If people want to eat and drink there, it's up to them.  I don't think it's unreasonable for people to be cautious and concerned though.  That's common sense.  Since these deaths may be a result of tainted liquor in which methanol was added, it is definitely a cause for concern.  There may be many other deaths that were reported as health-related, but were actually the result of tainted alcohol.  Anyway, I would not feel comfortable drinking there until it is resolved, if it gets resolved.

We will stick to bottled beer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jdemps said:

I'm not excited about going to this port now that Cuba was cancelled and would never have chosen it but we are going to go next FEB.  I'm not worried about any news from DR impacting our trip.  It would be like people saying they shouldn't drink anything in San Diego because there were a few suspicious deaths in Santa Barbara recently. 

That is absurd to me!  But hey, maybe excursion prices will drop because of all the fear.

Or to hear some are scared to cruise because pax have heart attacks on ships.

56 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

I believe it is from tainted alcohol in the mini bars in their rooms. When there, we will stick to bottled beer.

There were many accusations made about tainted alcohol and date rape drugs in booze in Cancun, Playa and Coz last year.  One couple swore they were poisoned at Nachi Cocum.

I stick to bottled water when away.

Edited by evandbob
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, evandbob said:

There were many accusations made about tainted alcohol and date rape drugs in booze in Cancun, Playa and Coz last year.  One couple swore they were poisoned at Nachi Cocum.

I stick to bottled water when away.

I remember hearing about the tainted alcohol in Mexico before, and now it seems to be in the DR. Damn! I was looking forward to my inclusive excursion with cocktails! I’m not a fan of beer, but I will stick to that or bottle water. 😢 I hope the food is ok as it includes food, too. We were at Amber Cove in March and it was so crowded, we had a hard time finding a shady spot, so we thought an excursion would be a good thing. Now, I’m not so sure. 

25 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

I remember hearing about the tainted alcohol in Mexico before, and now it seems to be in the DR. Damn! I was looking forward to my inclusive excursion with cocktails! I’m not a fan of beer, but I will stick to that or bottle water. 😢 I hope the food is ok as it includes food, too. We were at Amber Cove in March and it was so crowded, we had a hard time finding a shady spot, so we thought an excursion would be a good thing. Now, I’m not so sure. 

I'm still going on the inclusive excursion, still having cocktails and beer, still gonna get yelled at by the wife, and am not at all worried about it.