Seattle, "Carnival Transfer" Buses

CFoxtrot

Has anyone used Carnival Transfer service (directly through Carnival) for transfer from pier 91 to SeaTac after their cruise?

How was it?

We are arriving on a Tuesday on the Carnival Legend.

We have a 11:53am flight and we are traveling with some somewhat mobility limited travelers. So I'm looking for 

easy and reliable transfer for us. Any tips would be appreciated as this is our first time in the Seattle area.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Edited by CFoxtrot
Added info

The transfer service uses very nice motor coaches for the 30-40 minute drive to SeaTac Airport.  The first two rows (8 seats) are reserved for mobility impaired passengers.  There will be staff helping to load the buses the morning of your disembarkation - just let that staff person know that you require handicap seating.  Not a problem.  The motor coaches hold about 52 passengers and leaves when filled.  If you require a 'lift' coach for a wheelchair passenger, I would strongly suggest that you speak to one of the transportation staff members on your Embarkation day so they can plan to have a 'lift' coach available on the day you return from your cruise.  Staff members can be found by the bus loading area about mid-way along the walkway.  They will be wearing safety vests and carrying clipboards

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your reply Ferry_Watcher!

Do you think if we get off the ship fairly early(how early would you recommend) that we will have any issues with time, making it to the airport for a 11:53am flight using the Carnival Transfer service? or would you suggest an alternate method? We don't require and lift, we just have some elderly travelers with us.

Thanks Again!!!

Getting off the ship early is always better for making sure you get to SeaTac for a before noon flight.  I would suggest using the free Port Valet service to get your luggage to the airport (a free service from the Port of Seattle).   Assuming that your flight qualifies for this service (and I am guessing that it probably does), you would put out your luggage outside your stateroom Monday night, just keeping your absolute necessities (Tuesday clothes, passports/travel documents, meds,  basic  toiletries that can be kept in a carry-on bag), and after arriving at the airport, head straight to the TSA security line. 

I would be prepared for long lines and walking for your travel group at SeaTac.  You may decide to request wheelchair assistance for the day you fly home depending on how well your travel companions did on the day you arrived in Seattle.  There is also Wheelchair assistance at Pier 91 as well (although on Disembarkation day, it may take a while for wheelchair assistance - might be faster to walk off).

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Getting off the ship early is always better for making sure you get to SeaTac for a before noon flight.  I would suggest using the free Port Valet service to get your luggage to the airport (a free service from the Port of Seattle).   Assuming that your flight qualifies for this service (and I am guessing that it probably does), you would put out your luggage outside your stateroom Monday night, just keeping your absolute necessities (Tuesday clothes, passports/travel documents, meds,  basic  toiletries that can be kept in a carry-on bag), and after arriving at the airport, head straight to the TSA security line. 

I would be prepared for long lines and walking for your travel group at SeaTac.  You may decide to request wheelchair assistance for the day you fly home depending on how well your travel companions did on the day you arrived in Seattle.  There is also Wheelchair assistance at Pier 91 as well (although on Disembarkation day, it may take a while for wheelchair assistance - might be faster to walk off).

Thanks again for you clear and helpful advice. The Port Valet service seems like a must!

• Like 1