Mayflower Cruise Terminal

Mrs Wally

Hi

Has anyone had any recent experience of using the Mayflower Cruise terminal in Southampton??  It is a good few years since I have used it and believe it has undergone a refurbishment and now has better facilities?  We have just had our e-tickets and been allocated a late check in of 3.30pm and as we need to be out of our hotel by 11am am unsure whether to go directly to the terminal around 12.30pm and wait around or drop our cases off and head in to town until check in.  Thanks very much

Edited by Mrs Wally

2 minutes ago, Mrs Wally said:

Hi

Has anyone had any recent experience of using the Mayflower Cruise terminal in Southampton??  It is a good few years since I have used it and believe it has undergone a refurbishment and now has better facilities?  We have just had our e-tickets and been allocated a late check in of 3.30pm and as we need to be out of our hotel by 11am am unsure whether to go directly to the terminal around 12.30pm and wait around or drop our cases off and head in to town until check in.  Thanks very much

I am there this afternoon so will give you a live update later.

We were there at Christmas, it was fine.

If you arrive early, they will do all they can to get you on despite your boarding time. We have never waited more than about 20 minutes and it certainly isn't frowned upon.

They give priority to passengers arriving on time, but as soon as the queues die down, they call the early arrivers.

I find it more efficient than Ocean terminal, but it may have something to do with the size of the ships.

Andy

Arrived at 1.15 for our 2 o clock boarding time, on Aurora within 15 minutes.

Nobody was waiting, the early arrivers were getting called almost immediately.

The terminal is nice with good seating and a coffee shop, but very under used today.

Andy

Thank you so much for this, I really appreciate your response. the huge wait at Ocean Terminal has put me off arriving early to be honest but it sounds like Mayflower is more organised. Have a fantastic time on board Aurora, I have not been on her since the refurb but looking at possibilities for next year!

8 minutes ago, Mrs Wally said:

Thank you so much for this, I really appreciate your response. the huge wait at Ocean Terminal has put me off arriving early to be honest but it sounds like Mayflower is more organised. Have a fantastic time on board Aurora, I have not been on her since the refurb but looking at possibilities for next year!

It may be more to do with the size of the ships that use Mayflower.

It seems most people are boarded and we are sitting in the crows nest with about 4 other couples.

The bits of the refurb we have seen look good, at least we have a telly you can see..

Despite many people saying now it is adults only it would be full of geriatrics, it doesn't seem like that at all. There are a good few oldies, but large amounts of 40/50s like us.

Andy

• Like 1