TSA PreCheck vs. Global Entry vs. CLEAR: Cost and benefits of each

HamOp

8 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Good to know! I'd normally look for a flight out of Newark, but I want to fly from JFK to have an excuse to stay at the TWA hotel, and it turned out to be the least expensive option. I hope I don't regret my decision. From what I can see online, the BA terminal looks pretty dire.

I’ve only ever been in Terminal 4 at JFK, which is always crazy (terminally 😜) busy.  But they have a really nice wine bar with a great charcuterie board to ease the pain.  That TWA Hotel looks amazing!!  Would love to hear what you think about it!

1 hour ago, *Miss G* said:

Excellent post @Randyk47.  I caught a connecting flight in Atlanta (from overseas) a few weeks ago.  They’ve figured out the pre-check lane because that’s the one we were directed to.  I was actually quite surprised at the number of staff they had, and that they knew what they were doing.  Hope it continues.

Good to hear.   We’ve reentered through Philadelphia, Charlotte, Dallas, and Atlanta in the past seven years.  Dallas and Philadelphia have the the easiest and quickest especially with GE.   Charlotte was okay but that particular return had been booked to return through Philadelphia but a late departure from Rome (FCO) would have meant we would miss the one and only direct flight from Philadelphia to San Antonio.  American rerouted us while still maintaining our first/business class seats but it meant Charlotte to Dallas to San Antonio.  An already fairly long trip home got three hours longer.  The Atlanta reentry was after catching a flight in Dubai at 1:30 AM to Paris then Paris to Atlanta so after what had been nearly 20 hours of flying I was in no mood to deal with the hassle of the crowded Immigration and Customs.

14 minutes ago, SanDiego Single said:

I called to cancel and they lowered it to $109.00

That’s a bit better but still not worth it with our now fairly light travel.   What little work I do now in my semi-retirement is from home so no business related flying.   Mrs K is now the chief of staff of her Army activity so she travels maybe once or twice a year for business versus every two to three weeks in her previous position.   We travel for pleasure maybe twice or three times a year so with so few trips CLEAR just isn’t worth it at even $109/year.  

Edited by Randyk47