Last minute cruise deal?

tee3240

Hello,

I am considering a last minute cruise to Bermuda on the Gem. I have been checking the prices the last few weeks and they are always the same. As the cruise gets closer, will the price drop at all? There still appears to be many empty cabins. Thanks in advance for your help!

12 minutes ago, tee3240 said:

Hello,

I am considering a last minute cruise to Bermuda on the Gem. I have been checking the prices the last few weeks and they are always the same. As the cruise gets closer, will the price drop at all? There still appears to be many empty cabins. Thanks in advance for your help!

As it gets closer, will there be any cabins left is the better question..

Embarkation is only 3 weeks away. To me, that is last minute as I have always booked my prior cruises at least a year in advance. I realize I do run the risk of the ship being sold out...that’s ok. 

We usually book last minute when we cruise out of NYC but as previous posters have mentioned it depends on the cruise destination & time of year.

With schools now almost out in the NYC area parents will be booking summer vacation cruises so these usually fill up fast.  Usually not a lot of last minute deals.  We cruise  in the September-November time frame & there are a LOT of last minute deals then.  Yes, it's the tail end of hurricane season (and we've run into a few over the years! lol) but that's the chance you take.

Good luck & I hope you can score a good deal for yourself!

I booked a cruise on NCLGetaway 3 weeks before the cruise date and yes the price dropped considerably.  I needed to book an international flight so managed to get that.  If you wait until 2 weeks before cruise date you will get a really good price if the ship has lots of empty rooms.

On 6/17/2019 at 6:25 AM, tomk3212 said:

We usually book last minute when we cruise out of NYC but as previous posters have mentioned it depends on the cruise destination & time of year.

With schools now almost out in the NYC area parents will be booking summer vacation cruises so these usually fill up fast.  Usually not a lot of last minute deals.  We cruise  in the September-November time frame & there are a LOT of last minute deals then.  Yes, it's the tail end of hurricane season (and we've run into a few over the years! lol) but that's the chance you take.

Good luck & I hope you can score a good deal for yourself!

Thank you very much!