Loyal to Carnival - Teased by the Voyager

Bandmanken

I sailed Monarch of the Seas when she was almost brand new back in 1994, and she was a beauty. I loved RCCL, and the service was impeccable, the accomodations wonderful, and all-around a great experience. I wouldn't hesitate to cruise them again, but I'm also very anxious to head out on my first Carnival cruise in less than a month.

I think life is too short to stick w/ one line, unless you've truly found your niche in cruising (fave ship, fave itinerary, etc.).

Go for it...

Lisa and Mark icon_smile.gif

Monarch of the Seas - '94

Royal Majesty - '96

Countdown to VICTORY

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;9;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We were booked on the Voyager for this summer. After doing the Miracle last weekend, I decided Carnival is the way to go. I cancelled the voyager and rebooked the Legend. I am paying $3,000 less now than for the two cabins I had booked on the vooyager. On voyager I had a balcony and a promenade cabin. I now have a suite and a 5A on the Legend. Qite a savings I would say.

melissa

Nordic Empress 1996

Majesty of the Seas 1998

Triumph 1999

Grand Princess 2000

Sovereign of the Seas 2000

Explorer of the Seas 2001

Disney Wonder 2001

Galaxy 2002

Imagination 2003

Carnival Pride 2003

Carnival Miracle 2004

Carnival Victory 2004

Voyager of the Seas 2004

Yes, RCCL prices can be a little steeper than Carnival, especially for the Voyager class ships. I would book the Voyager only if price was no issue.

But, I would like to experience this ship. Maybe in the fall when all rates are cheaper.

I don't understand when people say I'm "loyal" to one cruise line and won't experience others. I've read posts where people say I'll never try another, I'm "loyal" to this one.

I've read posts where people felt guilty for booking with another cruiseline.

For goodness sakes, are they giving you a kickback or are you making commission for cruising with them. Were you ever invited to the CEO's house for dinner. NO.

This is business and the CEO cares nothing about you, but, your MONEY. I would never be "loyal" to any company, except, if it was my own.

melissa

I see you've boon on the Explorer, so you knew what the Voyager would be like. What reasons made you change. The Voyager is 9 days instead of 8. Part of the price difference.

Tropical 9/91

Ecstasy 9/93

Monarch 9/95

Sensation 9/96

Grandeur 9/97

Inspiration 9/98

Enchantment 9/99

Grandeur 9/00

Explorer 3/01

Grand 9/01.........Review!!

Victory 9/02........Review!!

Navigator 3/03....Review!!

Adventure 9/03....Review!!

Voyager 9/04

Email....Cruisinfanatic@AOL.COM

melissa

I see you've been on the Explorer, so you knew what the Voyager would be like. What reasons made you change. The Voyager is 9 days instead of 8. Part of the price difference.

Tropical 9/91

Ecstasy 9/93

Monarch 9/95

Sensation 9/96

Grandeur 9/97

Inspiration 9/98

Enchantment 9/99

Grandeur 9/00

Explorer 3/01

Grand 9/01.........Review!!

Victory 9/02........Review!!

Navigator 3/03....Review!!