Buying drinks package on Day 2?

AndyB

I tried to search this question but didn't see the topic come up.  In the past I have purchased a drinks package on day 2, and had the price prorated for 6 days rather than 7.  In fact, the bartenders were actively selling it.  Does Celebrity still allow that?  I noticed in the fine print on their website, "packages are sold on a per cruise basis, are not sold on a per day or any other basis..." so wondering if that unofficial policy was shut down.

Thanks for any advice!

1 minute ago, AndyB said:

packages are sold on a per cruise basis, are not sold on a per day or any other basis...

I would interpret that personally to mean you must buy a drinks package for the duration of your cruise (from whenever you purchase it) and it cannot be sold for only one day of a sailing, etc. 

We were recently on EDGE as of February this year and noticed them selling drink packages as always. 

Thanks, cruisestitch!  I was hoping that "rule" on the website just meant you can't turn it in mid-cruise and get your money back.  We really just don't even come close to getting our money's worth on that first night.  Not that we really do overall, it's more about the convenience.  But every little bit helps.