Breakaway - Family Entertainment in Evenings besides shows?

Southern Sue

21 hours ago, Southern Sue said:

First time NCL cruisers, have done many others, but this time we are taking our 12-year old granddaughter. If we are not attending a show, what are our options for after dinner entertainment?

Did you search the dailies that are posted?  There are many different options 

23 hours ago, Southern Sue said:

First time NCL cruisers, have done many others, but this time we are taking our 12-year old granddaughter. If we are not attending a show, what are our options for after dinner entertainment?

Most 12-year olds would prefer to hang at the kids club. Register her on embarkation day and make sure she goes on embarkation day to make friends.

While there is entertainment on the ship, kids may find some of it boring. And with granddaughter in the club, gramps and grand can enjoy some time to enjoy a drink and music from the 70’s. 

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Most 12-year olds would prefer to hang at the kids club. Register her on embarkation day and make sure she goes on embarkation day to make friends.

I have no idea what they are doing in these kids and teens clubs but it must be amazing - because our ship was full of kids and teens and I never saw them except when some kids were being asked by their parents to leave the kids club  to go to dinner with their parents and they were complaining that they wanted to stay at the kids club!

Everyone under the age of 18 that i saw was having a blast all day every day.  When they ventured to where I could see them.

7 hours ago, Southern Sue said:

Thank you both - great tips! Since she is 12, I’m a bit concerned she will think she is “too old” for the younger set, but not old enough for the teen group. Praying there will be more 12 year-olds on board.

Sign up for the roll call and ask if there are other kids sailing.  On our roll call my 12 year old DD has several kids her age or close on the roll call.

My 11 year old boys were not as into the Splash Academy this time around. It wasn’t bad, but they felt the organized activities were not challenging like they were a couple years ago. I do think the 10-12 range is a hard one, but she might find a couple kids right away that she clicks with and that might help. 

We we did a lot together,  but sometimes we just left them in the room to watch movies after dinner. We always gave them the choice of splash academy or room. The sea days were the only time they got a little “bored.”

Edited by careyayn22