MSC Grandiosa suite query

Kizzabel

Hi

I've held Fantastica suite 12380 for an October cruise next year and it shows a whirlpool balcony in the images but no mention on the option itinerary info.

I'm finding it hard to figure out and remember the pre Seaside debacle with suites!

Any insight would be very welcome please.

Kiz

I was looking at these suites a few month back because of price and whirlpool i asked my travel agent to ring and enquire but she was told no whirlpool it’s an IT problem, ended up with a corner angle suite with whirlpool at the front of the ship. Cabin 11009 26/6/20😁

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2019 at 10:38 PM, Fostelo said:

I was looking at these suites a few month back because of price and whirlpool i asked my travel agent to ring and enquire but she was told no whirlpool it’s an IT problem, ended up with a corner angle suite with whirlpool at the front of the ship. Cabin 11009 26/6/20😁

Thanks so much for the info - we moved and are now in your cabin in October next year!!

Thanks again - I'd have been none too pleased if you hadn't clarified for me.

Let me know what you think once you are back!?

9 hours ago, blueboys24 said:

can anyone please tell me are there any benefits in booking a suite for example is there a suite lounge or do you get free drinks at all. thanks as im a new msc cruiser.

Only Aurea suites get the Easy package, thermal spa access and massages.  The only perks I think Fantastica suites may get is priority embarkation/debarkation and MyChoice dining.  Not sure about the bath robes, but think that's Aurea also.

20 hours ago, blueboys24 said:

can anyone please tell me are there any benefits in booking a suite for example is there a suite lounge or do you get free drinks at all. thanks as im a new msc cruiser.

I'll amend what I posted as I think may be from Great Britain.  The UK site often has sailings that fall into the "Get More Get All" promotion that offers higher level drinks packages than typical sailings.

2 hours ago, Até said:

I'll amend what I posted as I think may be from Great Britain.  The UK site often has sailings that fall into the "Get More Get All" promotion that offers higher level drinks packages than typical sailings.

Thank you for your help. Yes im  from uk and im trying to book a suite on grandiosa in oct 2019 to the med but will only allow me to book fantastica and not aurea so was a little confused as to whether  drinks were included as it is a suite. Ive also noticed on uk site it includes gratuites in price and hot drinks and water.

19 hours ago, blueboys24 said:

Thank you for your help. Yes im  from uk and im trying to book a suite on grandiosa in oct 2019 to the med but will only allow me to book fantastica and not aurea so was a little confused as to whether  drinks were included as it is a suite. Ive also noticed on uk site it includes gratuites in price and hot drinks and water.

If it is for October 23rd 2020 I dont think there is any left. If I'm right we got the last one but it may be worth calling them.

On 6/22/2019 at 10:38 PM, Fostelo said:

We have 12007 on Meraviglia at Xmas, the two on Deck 12 are the biggest of all the front Aurea Suites

There are videos on YouTube of 12007 Bellissima and Deck 11 Meraviglia and I think Deck 13.

On 7/6/2019 at 4:05 PM, blueboys24 said:

The Hot drinks and water is in the Dining rooms at Lunch and Dinner only! Water, Tea and Coffee is available also in the Buffet all day and evening.

20 minutes ago, sidari said:

We have 12007 on Meraviglia at Xmas, the two on Deck 12 are the biggest of all the front Aurea Suites

There are videos on YouTube of 12007 Bellissima and Deck 11 Meraviglia and I think Deck 13.

Have you had one of these suites before dave🤔. I kind of new deck 12 was the biggest just didn’t want 13 right under the bridge 😊also Dave if you don’t mind me asking what’s the info with Aurea drinks package haven’t really been following along recently 👌🏻

We didn't want to be directly under the bridge either, we still have the Deluxe for our sailing luckily. Not had one of these suites before.

Aurea now only has the Easy package which for us is a downgrade while prices have increased 

If we book again with MSC we may go for Fantastica and book massages seperate and decide whether or not to bother with a drink package as the value has been outstripped by the cost 

I have noticed that MSC have begun showing Balcony prices and also Balcony Aurea prices seperate.

Edited by sidari

• 2 months later...

The cabin bookings have been open for a while and that category does sell out fast, but I've also seen a few times where MSC keeps a cabin category unavailable for some mysterious reason and releases them at a later date.  MSC seem to be changing the the current "Suite" category, which used to be called "Suite With Large Balcony", to "Grand Suite With Private Whirlpool" for deck 12 and "Suite With Private Whirlpool" for all other decks, so there's a possibility it has something to do with that.