?'s about Barbados and monkeys and caves?

flycatcher06

Hi there, I am sure this has been talked about before but i cannot find it i seem to have read years ago that their is a restaurant on the island you can go and the monkeys hang out there because people feed them? Does anyone know this - Also what is Basheba? everyone talks about going but noone says what it is is it similar to the baths in Tortola? And final question for now - how does Harrison Caves compare to Camuy Caves in Puerto Rico? Thanks for all your help!

Hi there,

can't answer your specific questions but we saw the wild monkeys at Barbados Wildlife Reserve and Farley Hill national Park ( we saw them in the park) I know they travel from the park to the Reserve at lunchtimes for feeding every day.

Harrison's cave is an electric tram that takes you down into the caverns, can't compare to Puerto Rico as not been, but we found it quite interesting.

Bathsheba is on the East coast (the rough sea side of the island) I don't think it is like Virgin Gorda we went past Bathsheba in the car and it looked like rugged coastline and big seas (excellent lunch at The Roundhouse on the cliffs near there)

just returned from 10 days in barbados. lucky us!!

harrison caves were nice, but because you are in a tram it is a very "packaged approach. at the camuy caves in puerto rico, you walk the caves so the experience is much more individualized and , i feel, better. definitely a more interesting experience.

bathsheba is an area on the east coast where there are rugged atlantic ocean views including large rock formations that jut into the water. it is a very beautiful area and a great place for a picnic lunch. but, it is not a place really for swimming and snorkeling. that is the major difference, the baths in virgin gorda are HUGE rock formations in calm caribbean turqoise water that is great for snorkeling and exploring.

don't know the restaurant you are describing, but we did just go to the wildlife reserve and saw about 25-30 monkeys. while you can't actually feed them, if you get there around 2:00 you can watch them being fed along with deer and tortoises. they do come quite close to you for great photos and lasting memories.

hope this helps.

steve

Archived