Oman tourist visa

Hi

Has anyone any experience of obtaining these independantly?

Looking at the info we will only need 10 day tourist e-visa's

On the Marella information sent with the booking confirmation there is a link to CIBTvisa who charge £52.80 per person plus the visa cost to process these, but if you look on the gov/uk visa info site this has a link directly to the Oman site where there is a charge of £10.40 (5 Rial) to apply directly for this.

As you cannot apply any more than 30 days ahead of when you are due to land, I want to ensure that if I do this independantly that there would be no issues in doing so as I would be saving over £100 which could be spent on other things.

Any infomration on your experience would be welcome

Thanks

Hi, yes, I've used the Oman police site for our Visa's in April. It was easy enough as long as you're ok uploading and sizing photos, and they were approved in around an hour.  We were on a cruise, so many horror stories of people paying extortionate fees through visa sites.  The Omani police site is the one to use!

Hi

Thanks for information.

I’m glad to hear that using the Oman police site is straightforward. It did seem a bit of a ripoff to use the visa site Marella directed you to as we are only flying into Oman to join the ship, not actually staying there.

When did Oman start requiring visas for cruise passengers? I was in Khasab and Muscat when cruising on Celebration January 2017 and we didn't need visas We flew in and out of Dubai and we didn't have visas for there either.

We are cruising from Dubai next April back to Palma on Discovery and will be visiting Oman again Are they only required if you fly into Oman? Our friends will be joining the cruise there.

Hi

I believe you only need the visa if you fly directly into Oman not if you are already on a cruise that is only visiting a port in Oman but I don't know if this is correct. I would suggest you should  check this with the cruise line to be sure.