Transatlantic Oct 19 - just booked

Chelsea1

Very excited as have just booked QM2 transatlantic in Queens Grill, departing New York on 18th October this year to Hamburg.

Last voyage on QM2 was our wedding in 2013, mid-Tasman Sea between Sydney and New Zealand, followed by a circumnavigation of New Zealand. That was an amazing trip with Commodore Rynd in charge.

Really looking forward to being back on QM2. Hoping weather in October is kind.

• Like 2

I am seriously actually slightly concerned about missing the ship.....finishing a conference in Basking Ridge, NJ at noon on October 18th and then have to get to Brooklyn cruise terminal in time for boarding.

Will be great to be back on the QM2 again - last few cruises have been on Holland America due to schedules. They were good, particularly the Westerdam in Asia, but I love the QM2 as a ship.

This is my first proper transatlantic - only other experience was a southern crossing to FT Lauderdale on Oasis of the Seas, which was interesting, but not really geared up for a proper crossing.

I do hope we meet up on Board.

Clare

14 hours ago, Bigmike911 said:

Perhaps you should go to the Roll Call section of Cruise Critic and see if there is a roll call for your voyage. If not, you should create one so you can introduce yourself to your fellow voyagers. 

There at least used to be a tradition on Cunard of Cruise Critic members meeting at 2PM the first sea day by the Piano in the Commodore Club.  I haven't seen it mentioned recently but think it's a good tradition.  On my last TA there was actually quite a nice group.

Roy

• Like 1